android
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM

Default Gifting a SGP5, what happens to all the apps on the Player?

I've been using a Nexus 7 and hardly touched my SGP5 in months. Going to give it to my grand-daughter for xmas. If I delete my Google account, and then add hers, what happens to all the apps on the Player? Once synced with Google will they still work in her name? Or should I just do a factory reset and start over?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Administrator

---thread title changed, please use descriptive titles in the future. "Gifting a SGP5" doesn't tell anyone what you need to know and won't help anyone in the future that needs the same information---

Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 PM

purchased apps (anything gotten from google play, free or paid) are linked to YOUR google account, so I would imagine it would be like what happens when you try to sync someone else's Itunes to your ipod (all your stuff goes bye-bye).

Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat View Post
I've been using a Nexus 7 and hardly touched my SGP5 in months. Going to give it to my grand-daughter for xmas. If I delete my Google account, and then add hers, what happens to all the apps on the Player? Once synced with Google will they still work in her name? Or should I just do a factory reset and start over?
As posted earlier all apps are deleted unless she signs in under your account. Since that will not happen she will have to purchase any apps she wishes to use. Don't be fooled by the player still showing up in your Google Account. It will stay there until you delete it from your profile but be assured she will not be able to use your account.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM

I spent last night deleting my account and adding hers, all went well. I'm using ssLauncher on my Nexus, but I wanted something simpler for the SGP5, so I installed Holo Launcher. Very impressed with it, should do well. My "other" questions:

1. What are the best free games to load it up with (that don't too much obnoxious advertising)? (I loaded Angry Birds, Jewels, and Cut the Rope)

2. Are there any "kids" type cases (book style or pouch), I see plenty of TPU cases, but would rather have something more protective (wife thinks my black leather pouch isn't "girly" enough).

3. Best free texting app? (I use GV, but not sure if I want to set that up for her). Do they all require a phone#?