android
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM

My problem seems to be solved:

I compiled rockbox on my own
with "arm-ypr0-linux-gnueabi-gcc (crosstool-NG 1.16.0) 4.6.3".
Rockbox say it's now version 6242d9f-121109.
The hang is now gone.

PS: Building gcc with crosstool-NG was hard.
I thank the guys from crosstool (at irc), all rockbox developers and especially the users here which helped to port rockbox.

EDIT: Tested current version from rockbox.org (1272e85-121109) and it hangs, seems to be a problem with gcc.

Last edited by fireandfuel; 11-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandfuel View Post
My problem seems to be solved:

I compiled rockbox on my own
with "arm-ypr0-linux-gnueabi-gcc (crosstool-NG 1.16.0) 4.6.3".
Rockbox say it's now version 6242d9f-121109.
The hang is now gone.

PS: Building gcc with crosstool-NG was hard.
I thank the guys from crosstool (at irc), all rockbox developers and especially the users here which helped to port rockbox.

EDIT: Tested current version from rockbox.org (1272e85-121109) and it hangs, seems to be a problem with gcc.
Interesting point. Thank to have pointed out. Can you please go to rockbox irc and try explain the problem?
Many thanks

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM

After installed latest firmware problem with battery seems to be gone. I've found bug :
cut a file from internal memory and paste on sd card doesn't work, the error appears. It's very small and not annoying bug, just would like to inform

Old 11-13-2012, 01:32 AM

Yes, the ROM is still in testing release, but seems to work well, and it should be relelased soon.
P.S: New version available. A simple "Power on time counter" is included.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanniX View Post
Yes, the ROM is still in testing release, but seems to work well, and it should be relelased soon.
P.S: New version available. A simple "Power on time counter" is included.
Hi, just I installed LRv4.5C9 in my R0, and I have noticed the "buttons lock" function does not work in the radio screen. Then I realised it only works with the now playing screen. I don't remember if this is by desing, and the manual I have does not say a word about buttons lock.

Hope you can shed some light.
Thanks a lot!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Samsung Moderator

You can only lock keys on the While Playing Screen.
You can only lock keys in the menus and FM screen if the device has a hardware hold button (Sansa Fuze, iRiver H300 for example). On the R0 it is software managed.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
You can only lock keys on the While Playing Screen.
You can only lock keys in the menus and FM screen if the device has a hardware hold button (Sansa Fuze, iRiver H300 for example). On the R0 it is software managed.
Merci bien, Lebellium!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM

VanniX I'm curious, working usb under rockbox is a matter of rockbox itself or firmware?

Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martus0 View Post
VanniX I'm curious, working usb under rockbox is a matter of rockbox itself or firmware?
Basically in this rom i added a script (called "usb") that load/unload all needed modules for the usb connection, so, if in rockbox you add a menu item that load this script you can get the usb working with while rb is running. However this method hasn't merged yet because is very "dirty" (it use the system call "usb on"). Rockbox devs wants to add this feature in rockbox code, and not with linux kernel modules.
Then, if you want to try, you can plug in the usb cable and load the script with "on" parameters. When you want to disconnect use "off" parameter. So:
  1. Connect USB
  2. Execute "usb on"
  3. Copy files
  4. Safely remove from PC
  5. Execute "usb off"
  6. Disconnect USB
  7. Update DB
  8. Reboot
  9. Play copied songs

N.B: While data is transferring the screen must stay on (to avoid sleep, that disable usb connection).

Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 PM

Thank you very much for clarification. So for now is better to use safe mode, because it doesn't need to keep screen on and is simpler

Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM

LightROM 4.5 "Final X"
LAST UPDATE: 2013 01 21

Version 4.5 Final X has been released!
The only "rockbox only" ROM. Automatic installer, support for usb mode and usb serial, no additional files needed, all for less than 13MB!
You'll need only the ROM and .rockbox dir. Boot in about 12 seconds and flash in less than 90 seconds! The only one with these features! Try it!

ROM Info:
Version : LightROM for Rockbox Port - Ver 4.5 Final X
Release_Code : 20121120-LRv4.5FX || Host : VanniX-IBM-ThinkPad-T60
User : root
Dir : /home/pietro/Dev/R0/YP-R0_LightROM
BuildTime : 12/11/20 11:15:05
MBoot : size(337824),checksum(a68d6e6c5d638926e9ac34e982e3 3da6)
Linux : size(1115456),checksum(f91376eb28b21fd00057888aebb bc7b7)
RootFS : size(10825728),checksum(cab4499d054ceb166baec712e2 3536f4)
Sysdata : size(415154),checksum(e8bbf4ad5778e76b71a7f09b734f 8f57)

Changelog since v4.4FX:
* Removed other useless services, bins and libs (thanks to Lorenzo92)
* Improved VanniX's Auto-Setup
* Added bash benchmark utility
* Added an estimated "power on time counter"
* Busybox "1.20.2 YP-R0" modded, compiled and added
* Decreased battery drain
* New optimized kernel
* Removed screen "flashes" during startup (in kernel)
* Improved modules management
* Used UTF8 as default FAT iocharset (in kernel)
* Improved self-debrick tools

Install HOW-TO:
1) Download the ROM, and the latest rockbox build.
2) Extract all files
3) Connect your R0 to PC
4) Copy the R0.ROM file to the R0 root (media0)
5) Copy the .rockbox directory to the R0 root as well
6) Reboot and wait
7) Done

Links:
LightROM 4.5 FX [1st link]: https://www.box.com/s/oau1lmxopfes3fotjqvt
LightROM 4.5 FX [2nd link]: https://rapidshare.com/files/1167953..._LR_v4.5FX.zip
Latest Rockbox build: http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-samsungypr0.zip

IMPORTANT: For those who installed/tried a debug version of LightROM 4.5 (like Alpha, Beta or Candidiate release), you need to delete the LRFBoot.txt from your media1(NEO-GHOST) partition.
In the next reboot Auto-Setup will automatically copy all new files in the correct partitions. Like in the previous version, old file will be backupped as .old files. If you don't need these files you can delete them.
Rockbox settings are also restored to default, to prevent from noise/stuck while playing tracks. If you are sure that your config will not cause this issues you can recover all settings as described here:
Power on the R0, go to Settings -> Manage Settings -> Browse .cfg Files, now select "config.OLD" and reboot. The player will come back to your previous settings.
For more info read the service manual included into the ROM.

For more info about the ROM, and all his configurations/utility please read the LightROM_4.5_ServiceManual.txt at the R0 root or on your MicroSD (files are presents only after installed the ROM).

Last edited by VanniX; 01-21-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM

Sorry, but what state of usb mode in this release? is it the same as you describe previously (with need to execute usb on/off)?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:54 PM

Yes, usb work in Linux but it's not supported in rockbox. The problem is that the usb script is a "dirty" method that rockbox devs don't want to add

Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, usb work in Linux but it's not supported in rockbox. The problem is that the usb script is a "dirty" method that rockbox devs don't want to add
Vannix, could you please provide instructions to test the new USB (linux) functionality? I'm new to the scripting thing, but I'm willing to try (basically, points 2 and 5).

BTW, nice pseudo 3D firmware update screen!

I'm really partial to the Rockbox only FW, so thanks a lot for the good job.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM

@alito
The steps are a bit difficult.. But i think i can find an old and probably unstable rockbox version that includes USB and other dev features (build by Lorenzo), but be aware that the build is ONLY for testing, and probably not for normal purpose. I'll search it and i'll let you know ;-)

Old 11-21-2012, 11:02 AM

Yesterday I installed the newest firmware, charged completely R0 under rockobx. First strange thing: today I turned the player on and it had 95%. Second thing: after 1hour of playback my battery has only 82%, massive drain. On previous firmware my battery ran much better, but I didn't remember if I charged my player in safe mode, I assume I did. Vannix does it have any influence where I charge my battery (safe mode/rockbox). How are yours feelings about battery?

Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
@alito
The steps are a bit difficult.. But i think i can find an old and probably unstable rockbox version that includes USB and other dev features (build by Lorenzo), but be aware that the build is ONLY for testing, and probably not for normal purpose. I'll search it and i'll let you know ;-)
In this case, I leave the serious things to the "grown ups". I'll wait for you to implement it at your own step. I have considered RB in R0 solid-rock stable for several months now, and I want it to stay this way. Thanks a lot, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martus0 View Post
Yesterday I installed the newest firmware, charged completely R0 under rockobx. First strange thing: today I turned the player on and it had 95%. Second thing: after 1hour of playback my battery has only 82%, massive drain. On previous firmware my battery ran much better, but I didn't remember if I charged my player in safe mode, I assume I did. Vannix does it have any influence where I charge my battery (safe mode/rockbox). How are yours feelings about battery?
Same here. It just drains the battery sitting on my table, with the screen off!! I charged it with RB on.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 PM

@alito:
Here's the test-only build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfmkihffmo...%2BUSBMENU.zip
You must keep screen on while usb is active (you can set it in the rb settings).
To enable USB to to system>debug>usb on/off.

@alito & Martus0:
Rockbox battery indicator doesn't work very well. When it says 100% the player is not actually fully charged. I tested this rom for 2 weeks for battery duration, and i don't see anything strange... Charge it for 2-3Hrs from pc (assuming pc is 5v 500mA) or 1-2Hrs with dedicated samsung chg (5v - 6/700mA), and try again.
NOTE: Do not use the "Top Smartphone" charger, because it delivers at least 5v 1A, and it's more than the maximum ampere rate for R0 battery. You can damage the battery.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM

Thanks a lot Vannix. I'll give the RB USB version a try. It is simple to roll back to a "normal" RB version if anything goes wrong.

As for the battery, it never says 100%, but 99%. I'm charging it as you say. I'll keep looking to it.

Thanks again!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 PM

I've been testing battery life for some time and it drains really fast. After 6h of mp3 playback I have 50% left. I charged my battery properly. How about you? Alito?

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0