android
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Default charge without losing place?

Have a Sony NWZ-S764 Walkman. I download audiobooks from my county library, and plug the walkman into a tabletop radio to listen. When the battery gets low, have to plug into my PC to recharge. What is irritating is that I lose my place, and have to search for where I left off. Is there a usb plug-in for the walkman which just charges the battery, and does not do data transfer? I'm thinking of an AC wall plugin for the usb, and leave it permanently plugged in to keep the battery up. Does this sound feasible?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

An AC usb charger will probably solve your problem.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

One of these should work for you

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...b+%2Caps%2C140

Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Have you tried placing your audiobooks in the Podcasts folder? Whatever I place there on a Sony bookmarks and there's no need to search for a where it stopped. That works for me if I pause then come back to it or plug it in while it's playing.

A USB charger will keep your place as the library doesn't rebuild like when you connect to a computer. I think it's handy to have one available for those times you aren't near a PC and want to charge. You can also charge as you listen and be ready to go, fully charged, when you want to use the player on the go. If you don't need one for one of those reasons putting the audiobooks in the Podcasts folder should keep your place at no added expense.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM

Thanks for your replys. I'm going to try to figure out the podcasts thing and see if it works. Also get one of the AC to usb plugins. Are they all pretty much the same for the reduced output power, or do I need to look for one that is right for my Walkman?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Any of them that supply the USB standard 5 volts will work. Just be sure the rated voltage isn't higher than that.

I stay away from the $1 cheapos myself. I prefer to spend an extra couple of bucks and get one from a name maker. They should all work the same. It's that I've read accounts of people that are familiar with electronics that have taken some of the $1-$2 apart and they have said the build quality on those can be dangerously bad. I figure no sense frying an expensive piece of electronics trying to save a few dollars.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Any of them that supply the USB standard 5 volts will work. Just be sure the rated voltage isn't higher than that.

I stay away from the $1 cheapos myself. I prefer to spend an extra couple of bucks and get one from a name maker. They should all work the same. It's that I've read accounts of people that are familiar with electronics that have taken some of the $1-$2 apart and they have said the build quality on those can be dangerously bad. I figure no sense frying an expensive piece of electronics trying to save a few dollars.
Good advice on looking for quality. Thanks