android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Anyways yes a bad episode, it happened me too but nothing serious also because I don't have quality headphones ^^
I think that in my case, it's more a problem of ears weakness than headphones power.
However, my worst fear is to keep the tinnitus forever. Today, nothing else matter.

About your ideas,

Quote:
Of course this is not feasible because of the missing hardware but a possible way of solving is that volume isn't set immediately but after a certain delay.
If, for example, I keep pressed volume up, okay, I can see on the screen the value raising but in the meantime the actual volume changes slowly in little steps...
This sounds easy to say and difficult to implement indeed. Should and must have a setting for this. Lowering the volume has no limits (no need and safety)
That's a good idea but I think that the feedback in the ears and on the screen should be the same.
I've already had the problem of sound increasing while the player is in my pocket unlocked but always understood that the volume was increasing before it was too late.

Quote:
A solution to this problem could be eventually the setting to restore, at every startup, a predefined volume.
This is the default setting (but not configurable) in OF (at least the OF of french YP-Q3) if volume is over 15 (on a 0-30 scale) and I think that it have to be the same in Rockbox.

ps : I'm not mad at you. My English isn't just good enough to explain you my feelings about this subject without being cold ^^'