android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Default Replace my RP-HJE900

Hi guys, so my RP-HJE900s are gone for good. They were my second pair and I'm really upset they've broken as they sounded so great. Now my main issue is trying to look for a similar replacement as I know their sound signature is so unique.

Really, what I'm looking for is practically the same sound signature of the modded RP-HJE900. So, fast and tight bass with good mid's and good crispy high end sparkle. I did mod my Pana's with the cotton wool technique to give that slight extra boomy low end. I don't really like flabby bass or bass taking control over the whole music. I don't really consider myself as a bass head, given the music I listen to, but I certainly like my bass knocking with good punch and tightness.

I mostly listen to hip-hop and electronica and have a budget of /$ 120.

On a side note, I used to also have the Radiopaq Jazz to which I also liked as the bass was quite tight with good mid's. However, it did need EQ an ironically, sounded excellent on the Jazz EQ setting on my iphone. I know these in ears are still being sold but I'd much rather buy a more high end set similar to the Panasonic's.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Edit: I did buy the CX300-II the other day and I do not like them at all. I find them way too bloated in the bass end and not enough clarity. Sound very muddy to me, lacking in tightness and speed in the low end.

Last edited by Omzz888; 11-09-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]