android
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM

Help Apps won't run?

Hello everyone,

I got a Zen Touch 2 (No GPS) a few weeks ago for my birthday. And, to be honest, I love it way more than my old Ipod Touch . However, the only issue I have with it is the lack of apps. Yes, some would say it doesn't make a difference as long as I can listen to music, but I would still like a few like the NYTimes, etc. And I would just like to solve this problem.

I know I can root it to get the android market, but getting the apps is not the problem, getting the apps to run is.

I've tried installing apk files straight from the devices internet browser, and it downloads without a problem. When I try to install it, it installs fine. When I go to run the app, it doesn't at all. It just says "The application *** *** (process com.***.***.activity) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
For example:
when I try to run "Haypi Kingdom HD", I get the error: "The application Haypi Kingdom HD (process com.haypi.kingdom.activity) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." With a Force Quit button.

somtimes, the apk file I get from the device's browser won't download because it says "unsuported content".

I've tried using other work arounds besides downloading it from the device's internet like using amazon appstore, blackmarket, pandaApp, and even the SlideMe app that creative recommends as an alternative. They still download, sometimes install, but won't run.. Even when I try to transfer the apk files from a computer.
I've tried restarting a few times, but no luck.
The only apps that were able to run were the few I managed to get from creative's ziio space.

I don't want to root my device until I can resolve this issue.
I'm usually tech savvy and can figure it out, but I'm at a loss as to what the issue is.

So, does anyone know what is wrong with my device? Or know how I can go about fixing it?

Note: For some reason now, I can't even run the amazon app store. I just get "Application Appstore (in process com.amazon.venezia) is not responding."

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
applications, won't run, zen touch 2