android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 PM

Default What to pick? Soundmagic E10, E30 or something else?

Hi guys,

I was interested in your opinion really a little pretence... I've owned a pair of Monster Lil Jamz, iBeats, Diddy Beats and Sennheiser CX-200 all of witch have broken over many years. Now I told myself that I was going to give up on buying headphones of that value as you can see it got quite expensive for me. However I recently saw your reviews of two Soundmagic products the E10's and the E30's now they seem to have great views for a great price but how would they fair in sound quality to the ones I have owned before? Better or worse sound quality? Recommend either of them? Secondly if you feel that neither of those will cut it then could you please recommend some IEM's for around 40-50?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

I've deleted your duplicate of this same question in another thread. Posting the same thing in multiple places creates confusion that actually makes it more difficult to get a clear answer.

I have the CX 200 and E10 and consider the E10 a definite step up in quality. The E10 handle every genre of music I've thrown at them well. They probably wouldn't be the first choice for a real basshead but other than that I think just about anyone else would find them to be a good choice.

What occurs to me is, why do your headphones keep breaking? The CX 200 aren't built quite as sturdy as the CX 300 but I consider them well made. I don't use them as much now but they were my go-to set for several months and never gave a hint of any problems.

How do you store your headphones? I used to store them by wrapping them around the player or rolling them in a ball and stuffing them in a pocket. Since I stopped doing that I've only had a set of Klipsch S4 fail. Those are noted for failing at the strain relief the way mine did so I put that on the headphones, not how I used them. I believe if you take proper care of a set of E10 they should last a good while.

If you are looking for more suggestions you can edit this information http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=59847 into your first post. More information should bring a better variety of suggestions.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Soundmagic E10 is a great choice for its price range. I used a set as my all around favorites until I got a 161p. I would consider myself a basshead and the E10 is sufficient if you can EQ on your player. they respond fairly well to tweaking.

As for the breakage, get a mint tin and keep them in that. You can just go buy some altoids and use that or you can order blank tins off of ebay in various sizes. It is far and away better than a soft clamshell or a bag and will keep your IEMs safe and sound for longer.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Sorry about that. Would you feel that the E10's would give a similar kind of quality to the iBeats? I live a fairly get up and go live style and so have always been quite harsh to my gear. Are the E10's the best for below 50? Or are the E30's better? I listen to a mix of music including but not limited to pop, dubstep and jazz. Without using a EQ would the headphones still have good base, mids and highs?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

they have good bass without EQ, but it can be brought out more. I haven't had any of the products you mentioned for an extended amount of time but I did mess around with some Monster Turbines at the store and the E10 seemed similar in build quality. any actual owner would be a better resource for that comparison though. without doing the currency conversion and shopping around in your market, I can say that the e10 is my recommendation for anyone in the states that asks for an IEM for $50 or less. the difference between the e10 and e30 is minor and outlined in the ABi review.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 AM

I will bear that in mind thank you IDvsEGO

Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I love my E10's