android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Default So, My Hippo VBs Just Arrived

I just plugged them in, and they are the most hideous, awful, disgusting headphones I have ever put in my ears. There is definitely something wrong. First of all, there isn't much bass at all, not with the 2-dot nor the 3-dot screw on ports. And the sound is SO off, you can't even hear vocals. Not as in the mids are kind of bad, as in there are NO vocals being heard at all. Not to mention a lot of other sounds/instruments that are virtually not there.

I put on certain songs I know by heart, and I would say 50% of the sound is GONE. And the 50% that does come through sounds horrible, I can't even explain it. I've tried multiple different tips and all 3 of the screw on ports, and none of it helps, it's just different sounding crap. I ordered these straight from Jaben.net and they shipped free from Singapore in 3 days, so that was nice. I just wish they weren't broken. They came with a free GoVibe Mini U-DAC that only works when plugged into a USB port on a computer, and that does help quite a bit, you can actually hear some of the vocals, but most of the instruments are still missing.

Now am I jumping the gun here, is this what they're supposed to sound like out of the box? Ten times worse than the cheapest free headphones that come with any player, and just need to be broken in? Or do I somehow get my money back?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]