android
Old 12-24-2011, 02:51 AM

I emailed the seller. They told me the MCA version is for the Mac Airbook only due to it's hardware settings. It will only work with other platforms via USB adapter. They stock the MC version, which they say will work on other platforms. Come to think of it, I should check out the specs on the hard drives that work in the Zen Vision M. That should clue me into what is compatable.

Update: I can't make the MC version work either. At this point, I'm giving up with the SSD's. Perhaps some one else can shed more light on the topic.

Last edited by Modulus; 04-22-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: New info

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 AM

Well I was thinking of going cheap and buy a 128gb super talent SSD ZIF drive for MY ZV:M. If it doesn't work I'll just pop it into an iPod Video and make it work with Rockbox. If it works then i'll be one happy camper and just work a CF mod into the iPod...

Old 05-05-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkun View Post
Well I was thinking of going cheap and buy a 128gb super talent SSD ZIF drive for MY ZV:M. If it doesn't work I'll just pop it into an iPod Video and make it work with Rockbox. If it works then i'll be one happy camper and just work a CF mod into the iPod...
Have you tried this? Any luck?

I've been trying to do a CF mod to my ZV:W with no luck, and was considering dropping a bill on a Super Talent 64GB SSD to give it a go..

Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 PM

grivad: I haven't tried it yet due to lack of funds. for an update though, I've recently bought another ZVM for parts, but I botched the Zif Connector by inserting it wrong on the hard drive as I was putting it back and now the contact points have bites on them, hopefully that won't be a problem when I do the mod. I'll check back with this thread after a month, and maybe I'll even upload a youtube video about it.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:56 PM

Default data transfer

wow this is great .. i love my zvm... how do you go about transferring all the files and data.. to the new hard rive what software do you use.. i am bit new to this...

Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM

i see that is pretty pricey anyone find any other cheaper ssd compatible for the svm? please let me know

Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 AM

This Dutch website lists all SSD's with a Indilinx IDX110M00-FC Barefoot controller. I assume all of these SSds should work? Even the 1TB version?

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/6...G78-StkpGEspXw

Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovisi View Post
This Dutch website lists all SSD's with a Indilinx IDX110M00-FC Barefoot controller. I assume all of these SSds should work? Even the 1TB version?

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/6...G78-StkpGEspXw

They're all SATA drives tho. You'd need zif or ide depending on model and/or adapter.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 AM

Congratulations to the modder, it's very inspirational because I was thinking about changing my Zen VM 30 gb with a Cowon, but now I dont' know any more

I wonder something: with a SSD, is the ZVM gapless at last?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM

I don't think I'd try anything larger that 128GB as it seems that the zen can only read the first 128GB's of a HDD, even if a larger one is put in. (will format the drive down to 128GB)

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Old 06-21-2014, 02:46 PM

Old thread--has anyone made another SSD work, or can update this thread?