android
Old 10-13-2012, 12:38 AM

Default more questions about charging and the battery...

will the zip drain the battery even if its off? i havn't used my clip zip in a week or so. i tryed to turn it on yesterday and it wouldn't even say battery low. there was just a blank screen. what do i do? if i press the reload button, will all my music go away?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Just plug it in and let it charge.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Administrator

The battery shouldn't drain itself in that short a period. I've had DAPs sit for months at a time and they may have drained a few percent at most. You could try noting the battery level then not using it for a few days then checking to see if it the charge level dropped. Be sure it's turned off and there's no way something might press the power button accidentally.

If the battery has gone down significantly there's something wrong. I'd look into returning it. I haven't had to deal with sandisk directly but I've heard they make the RMA process fairly painless.

There's no reset button except the power button. If you hold that for about 30 seconds, maybe longer, that turns the player completely off. After that you should be able to start it normally if there aren't any other problems. You don't lose any of your files doing a reset.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do note that if the battery has fully discharged, you might need to leave it charging for a day or a few days, trickle-charging it back.