Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
+1, although the way things are going, we'll be lucky to have stand alone mp3 players in the future :/
I'm waiting for the 64GB. I would have gone for a 32GB if it has a card slot. But to your point, Walkgood, one of the reason I am getting a F series is exactly because of this: I don't believe dedicated players have long to live, unless they are the inexpensive kind to use when you're out and about jogging (i.e. where you don't want to destroy your phone).

What surprises me most with Sony though is that they have not release a dedicated 7" Android tablet dedicared to media consumption - like the galaxy 7.7 of the Nexus tablet; leveraging their know how in the audio / video space. I fear if they do, they would not integrate the amp technology. After all it's not in their 9" version...

Although Samsung are all over the place, I think they have the right attitude here, since at least they are capable of testing the market appropriately. I'd be all over a 7" high capacity tablet with decent sound capabilities.