android
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Default Zune HD linux?

I am running arch linux as my only os. Thinking of buying a zune hd. Does anyone know if they will work or if there is a hack or something?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Zunes only work with the Zune software. You can see the file system but you can't do anything with it. I've read that you can install the Zune software in Linux using a virtual box and a valid copy of Windows but I'm not sure if that actually works.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM

meh screw that. will stick with my fuze for now. anyone know if cowons can do variable speed and bookmarking for podcasts?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Administrator

I can't speak for all Cowons but the i9 has variable play speed and pitch correction. Bookmarking is manual. I don't use audiobooks or podcasts so there may be a setting I missed. There is a setting to resume from where you shutdown but that's only worked for me with what was playing when I powered down. AFAIK, any other bookmarks have to be entered manually.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I can't speak for all Cowons but the i9 has variable play speed and pitch correction. Bookmarking is manual. I don't use audiobooks or podcasts so there may be a setting I missed. There is a setting to resume from where you shutdown but that's only worked for me with what was playing when I powered down. AFAIK, any other bookmarks have to be entered manually.
manual bookmarking could work but not idea. and variable speed with pitch correction is great for podcasts. thanks for the info

Old 10-06-2012, 05:15 AM

Ah man. Takes me back.