android
Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
If I was going to buy a Cowon player though, I would get the C2 since I want the card slot and longer battery life.
It was a really close call between the c2 and i9 for me, i may still end up getting the c2 one day, just to compare and also of course for the extra space.
Battery life is not so important to me, granted the clips were just too short of battery life, but anywhere over 20hrs and i am happy.
In the end the weight and size of the player was actually important enough to choose differently, I had my wife's D2 player which I pretended was a C2 to get an idea between of the size/bulk and weight differences and decided the i9 was best for me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well here i am again... running out of space on the i9, c2 here i come lol.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You should convince your wife to trade her D2 to you for your i9. That solves your problem without spending any money.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM

The C2 is thinner, with rounded corners. The D2+ has pretty "sharp" corners. The D2+ uses mini usb while the C2 uses the so called "common korean usb cable"

Able to change tracks with C2 using tactile buttons with screen off, I don't remember I have the choice to do that on the D2+ (gave it to my friend to play around so I can't confirm it now)

Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
You should convince your wife to trade her D2 to you for your i9. That solves your problem without spending any money.
The i9 sounds better than the old D2 though....I don't know if Bruce would want to take a slight step down in SQ just for capacity's sake.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Does the C2 sound at least as good as the i9? There is no perfect answer, although the mp3 players available now seem to be either too expensive and/or they have too many issues.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Does the C2 sound at least as good as the i9? There is no perfect answer, although the mp3 players available now seem to be either too expensive and/or they have too many issues.
They should sound the same, as they are of the same generation.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I did tinker with that idea, but indeed the sq options are not the same, nor does the d2 player have the same options as an i9 (like adding multiple files to favorite in one go). Besides... can you see me trying to explain the controls of the i9 to my wife lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The i9 sounds better than the old D2 though....I don't know if Bruce would want to take a slight step down in SQ just for capacity's sake.
nop i wouldn't.

The c2 is pretty cheap for what it is, $100 for excellent cowon sound in a decent form factor, expandable memory etc. Budget's not really too much of an issue, just getting the right device for the job.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Why fuck around, if budget isn't an issue as you mentioned in that other thread ... nothing beats the j3 from all the cowan players IMO.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you can help find me some links for a new j3 postable to oz then i may very well halt the checkout process of the cart for the c2 on exportprive.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
If you can help find me some links for a new j3 postable to oz then i may very well halt the checkout process of the cart for the c2 on exportprive.
While I'd love to help you out, if I find a new one WG might bite as well

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

hahaha, you and a thousand others i think.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
hahaha, you and a thousand others i think.
I should jumped when they first came out ...

Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, at that time i didn't have as much disposable income and was happy with what i had. I don't understand why they are discontinued so quickly (if they were so good u'd think they'd still be putting them out). I mean it looks to me they (cowon) really haven't done better than the J3, ever. Everything since has been a 'using up left over parts' products.

"man, we still have over fifteen hundred 4.3 inch screens 480x272 resolutions.. what to do with them?"
"just whack them in the five thousand o2 cases we have lying around with this better battery, put hdd's in them.... erm .. call it an x7.... and... what the heck, when u run out of hdd's just use flash memory for the remaining units"
"but sir... hdd's AND flash? we calling it the x7 still?"
"erm... nah... call one x7 and the other x9"
"sir... what about calling one x8?"
"ok i've had enough insubordination from you, yer fired!"

Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, at that time i didn't have as much disposable income and was happy with what i had. ...
roll reversal, at the time I had the disposable income which I don't now but didn't have the need ... go figure :/

Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

C2 just ordered now from exportprive. Summin to look forward to in the post

Old 10-03-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
C2 just ordered now from exportprive. Summin to look forward to in the post
Congrats, hope you like it

Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm gonna sellotape my i9 with the c2, run one pair of headphones to both units simultaneously playing the same track with same effects for that oh so rare hidden 5D Surround Sound BBE Jet Effect.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna sellotape my i9 with the c2, run one pair of headphones to both units simultaneously playing the same track with same effects for that oh so rare hidden 5D Surround Sound BBE Jet Effect.
Don't forget to volume match them first

Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 AM

rather than make a new thread, I thought I'd ask my question here - I'm also trying to decide between the c2 and the x9. the c2 is smaller and looks easier to carry, which is a big plus for me, but I have 3 more concerns I was hoping someone could answer for me:

is there a maximum micro sd card size on either of the two players? (or can i put in a 64GB card and be happy)

is the battery life on the c2 at least around 25 hours in real world conditions?

and, is the sound quality on the c2 as good as on the x9?

edit: also, ive read that the c2 has a kind of gimmicky UI compared to the d2 - is the x9's interface any better?

thanks a lot! hope someone can help me out

Last edited by nish81; 10-04-2012 at 07:14 AM.