android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spliffy View Post
Doubtful. First the menu button wouldn't press, then the power switch went loose, and now it doesn't seem to register being charged …
Sad to hear, I still love my i7, hope it lasts a few more years …

Quote:
It seems like the i10 has a better interface and better battery life, but not £70 worth. Never bothered by having the latest one, and not particularly bothered by the interface - if I was, probably wouldn't bother with cowon at all!
AFAIK none of the cowon UI’s are very intuitive so I’d still go with the less expensive one.

Quote:
In what way? I do find it hard to believe that each mp3 player's audio quality is so much better than the last, and I think s9, i10 and i9 all have BBE+ so would've thought they'd be all be much of muchness, but everyone seems to swear by the s9.
Maybe you misunderstood me, IMO all cowon’s sound the same. The most important change you’ll notice over the i7 is that players after it should all be gapless They also added JetEffects 3.0 which allows you to have 4 user-defined presets (you customize them), a slew of new presets (like BBE ViVA, BBE ViVA 2, etc, etc, IIRC like 35+ effects), I think the rest of the enhancements are the same as the i7 has.

Quote:
Thanks very much! Attracted by the name, sold by this sub-forum!
No problemo, enjoy … you might also enjoy our sister site iAudiophile which is all about cowon players, you can see the i9 forum here or the i10 forum here. They also have a j3 and s9 forums but I think you'll find your way around fine

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc