android
Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
There's not enough difference to me to make paying more or spending any extra effort for one over the other.

The rated battery life is the same 15 hours. I haven't noticed a difference in battery life in my personal use. Where did you get that information?
Are you crazy?!!? Have u seen the new green clip+!!!! That s**t is whack yo!!

Yeh have to say battery life felt same for both versions rockboxed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Are you crazy?!!? Have u seen the new green clip+!!!! That s**t is whack yo!!

Yeh have to say battery life felt same for both versions rockboxed.
Where do you see new colors? Sansa site does not show this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
There's a few threads around like this one. http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69667 You'll see a wider range of opinions as to which to get.

My advice is to get the one that's cheapest and or most convenient to get. There's not enough difference to me to make paying more or spending any extra effort for one over the other.

The rated battery life is the same 15 hours. I haven't noticed a difference in battery life in my personal use. Where did you get that information?
Amazon states battery life: Clip+ up to 15 hours. Zip average battery 10 hours. I just took a look at the Zip page again, lower down the page it says up to 15 hours. Its a bigger unit, so bigger battery I suppose.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://www.facebook.com/SDSansa?ref=ts

Units look same size to me.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
*img*
Units look same size to me.
They should, all three are Clip + models and the only diff is color.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-20-2012, 05:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
They should, all three are Clip + models and the only diff is color.
Lol no silly, i was replying to zenmonkey lawls, he made sum reference the zip was bigger than clip+

Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Lol no silly, i was replying to zenmonkey lawls, he made sum reference the zip was bigger than clip+
I understood just right from the start when I read his post and yours. I wondered if you were replying "they're the same" why you would use a picture of 3 plus models vs using 1 plus and 1 zip, like this http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...ansa-clip-plus

Old 09-20-2012, 10:10 AM

How well does the Clip Zip drive headphones?
Thinking of using one with 63-Ohm Sony MDR-V6 headphones.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post
How well does the Clip Zip drive headphones?
Thinking of using one with 63-Ohm Sony MDR-V6 headphones.
Should drive them fine to more than enough volume for my ears. Although if you're into super loud you might need to amp the signal. That said, I would try them out first, there's nothing worse than having to amp a clip as it defeats the purpose of super small portable.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I shoulda put a 1. in front of the pics and a 2. for the second part lol

Old 09-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Should drive them fine to more than enough volume for my ears. Although if you're into super loud you might need to amp the signal. That said, I would try them out first, there's nothing worse than having to amp a clip as it defeats the purpose of super small portable.
I do have a Fiio E6 and Fiio E11, I'm guess I would use the E6 with the Clip Zip.
Just have to figure out the best way to mate them to each other, something besides double sided tape or glue.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

"YEAH BITCH! MAGNETS!"

Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I do have a Fiio E6 and Fiio E11, I'm guess I would use the E6 with the Clip Zip.
Just have to figure out the best way to mate them to each other, something besides double sided tape or glue.
You could go ghetto and use a rubber band....that's what I do when I use my E6 with my Zip. I just remove the E6's clip before I do it.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

I'd give that setup a shot without the amp. I have the Sony MDR-V6 and use them with my Clips without an amp. It takes a couple more bumps in volume to get them to a satisfying level but I don't need an amp to get them loud enough. It's not the loudest setup I have but I don't get anywhere near maxing the volume before it gets to hearing damage levels.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
You could go ghetto and use a rubber band....

I do that too. I use one of the small, wide, thick ones that come on bunches of broccoli. It's just the right size; you don't have to double-wrap it or anything. And with the Clip+ or Zip, you can run the clip on the back under the rubber band, so it's not covering up the screen or hindering the operation of the buttons.

I refer to it as "ghetto chic".

Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Administrator

I've moved the rest of the discussion about amps to here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=70629. Things had gone to a discussion of the matching of amps and headphones and was getting off topic for this thread.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:49 AM

I cant seem to find clip zip anywhere anymore I was wondering are they being phased out or what?. I'm not looking to buy one unless my clip+ dies but its just weird that they seem to have disappeared completely from the main places I look online ie best buy. Also I'm surprised we haven't seen cheaper refurb zips at places like tigerdirect yet.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Administrator

They're still in stock in the stores in my area. Trying to tell what a manufacturer is doing from looking in your local store is tricky at best. I've seen other players declared as discontinued because someone couldn't find them locally or there was a price drop. You could ask your local retailer to see if they are expecting more.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
I cant seem to find clip zip anywhere anymore I was wondering are they being phased out or what?. I'm not looking to buy one unless my clip+ dies but its just weird that they seem to have disappeared completely from the main places I look online ie best buy. Also I'm surprised we haven't seen cheaper refurb zips at places like tigerdirect yet.
Lots of places seem to stock the Clip Zip, I just ordered the 4GB unit with an extra 8GB Micro SDHC, total with shipping $51.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It is easy to find the Clip Zip and Clip+. Even Radio Shack sells the Clip Zip, although their price is high when they don't have it on sale.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...Top+Nav-Search=

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=Sandisk+Clip

Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
... I just ordered the 4GB unit with an extra 8GB Micro SDHC, total with shipping $51.
Congrats, hope you enjoy

Closed Thread

Tags
clip zip, sandisk, sdxc compatibilty