android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2012, 05:21 PM

Question Album art doesn't show with some albums

This isn't really a major problem, actually one that I can live with (since it's not that common), but it annoys me at times. I wondered if anyone here could have any insight on what may be amiss. Maybe the answer is so close to my face that I can't see it.

My Clip Zip works fine so far (btw, it's using the latest OF). However sometimes it seems to be unable to read or display the album art in one or two mp3 albums, displaying instead the art from another album ( ), or the default background patterns it comes with.

I always make sure the JPG is less than 40kb (the actual JPG is 22.9kb, 400x400, even though I know from what I read either here or in the Sansa forums that in theory I can make JPGs of up to 100k). I also make sure that the bitmap program I use to edit it doesn't use any fancy non-standard compression on the image.

I use MP3Tag to both trim the tags to only those the Clip Zip reads, and to embed the album art. I've tried embedding the art, placing either folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the album's folder, or both, and the player still won't display the actual album art. I've also converted the album to OGG to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Like I said, not that much of a problem (since what's important is that the DAP plays the audio files, and it does a fine job with that)... but it irks me to have a fancy display and not being able to display the album art for those files.

Thanks for reading.

Ed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
album art, clip zip, cover art, folder.jpg