android
Old 07-28-2012, 05:47 AM

sergivs congrats on the new zip, now all you need is rockbox to make it complete

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergivs View Post
I just got the Clip Zip and it is awesome. Using the stock firmware for now. The navigation is better than in Clip+, but the biggest (for me) problems remain: does not seem to support playlists and cue sheets.
Some firmware releases for the Clip Zip do not support playlists.

Switch to the latest version 01.01.20 for playlist support.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64931

Steve

Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergivs View Post
I just got the Clip Zip and it is awesome. Using the stock firmware for now. The navigation is better than in Clip+, but the biggest (for me) problems remain: does not seem to support playlists and cue sheets. Anyway, I really like this thing. As somebody mentioned already, the FM receiver is much better. Most importantly, like the Clip+, it seems to have been designed by someone who knew and liked what they were doing. A rare combination.
The fact that basic and critical information (track# & elasped/total track time) was intentionally left off of the now playing screen and not added back in a firmware update even after repeated requests from both new and experienced owners (including those who tested the product prior to release) for almost a year now suggests otherwise.

Yes, you get get these features back with Rockbox, but some don't care for the complexity of this powerful firmware. It shouldn't be obligatory to get the most basic of user information on a music player. A big black eye for SanDisk on this one. Of course, they should be used to it by now (View, Fuze+, etc.).

Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and only stumbled upon it when I was doing research for a new mp3 player after my "should I even say the name" iPod Touch was stolen out of my car. I recently purchased the Clip Zip because as my username says I simply "gotnomoney" for anything expensive. Getting another $200+ apple product was out of the question so i settled for the Zip...$40, expandable memory! need I say more? Being that I can't leave well enough alone I rockboxed it and have no regrets thus far. I would definitely recommend this player to anyone. Also ordered a 2gb Clip+ with an 8gb Sandisk card today for $29 on Groupon. I believe the sale ends today so I suggest jumping on it if anyone is interested. Sorry for the long post and thanks to these forums for all the helpful threads and information regarding anythingbutipodS.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggotnomoney View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this site ... I recently purchased the Clip Zip ...
Hi ggotnomoney welcome to abi and congrats on the new Zip There's loads of great information about the Clips here and on the rockbox site, hope you enjoy. BTW I am a member in good standing at the "gotnomoney" club as well

Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Hi ggotnomoney welcome to abi and congrats on the new Zip There's loads of great information about the Clips here and on the rockbox site, hope you enjoy. BTW I am a member in good standing at the "gotnomoney" club as well
LOL Thanks for the reply WalkGood! Just enjoying the Zip and looking forward to getting the Clip+ one will eventually go to my wife, not sure which one yet. I think there are many members at the "gotnomoney" club, just need them to step forward lol.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
LOL Thanks for the reply WalkGood! Just enjoying the Zip and looking forward to getting the Clip+ one will eventually go to my wife, not sure which one yet. ...
Once you get that "+" you can vote here, oh and I still have my wife using the old e260

Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Once you get that "+" you can vote here, oh and I still have my wife using the old e260
Will do!!! I'm new to this so I don't know what any of the other models are but going by your comment I'm gonna assume that the e260 is ancient? Hey like they say "if it aint broke don't fix it". If the e260 is still working then why get rid of it?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Will do!!! I'm new to this so I don't know what any of the other models are but going by your comment I'm gonna assume that the e260 is ancient? Hey like they say "if it aint broke don't fix it". If the e260 is still working then why get rid of it?
I believe that the e260 and family were released Jan 2006. So a bit older than the original Sansa Clip, released Oct 2007. My two Sansa Clips (one bought end of Nov 2007, the other summer 2009) are still working just fine.

Steve

Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I'm new to this so I don't know what any of the other models are but going by your comment I'm gonna assume that the e260 is ancient? Hey like they say "if it aint broke don't fix it". If the e260 is still working then why get rid of it?
Yes it's an older model which is actually very cool as the battery is user replaceable, has expansion slot and it will run rockbox. You can read about SanDisk mp3 player history here. I also went thru 5 of their various clip versions which all still work fine, v1, v2 but I skipped the clip +. That said it's also a very good player like the rest of the clips and as you know has the expansion advantage like the zip VS the earlier clips.

Tags
clip plus, clip zip, clip+, sansa clip