Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

When I first saw heir IEMs in 12/11, I found them to be the most attractive IEMs on the market, especially if you appreciate custom work. That said, I havenít had the chance to try them out yet and doubt Iíll see them around till I attend another meet but Iíll take your word for it that they sound great. Thanks for sharing the pictures Ö

Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
Ö The stock cable isnít bad by any means, but the Magnus 1 with its 4 tinsel wire SPC conductors sounds great Ö
While I am not sure what you are trying to relay by this, I donít think anyone here believes that special cables make any difference in sound quality on such short cable runs like IEMs or headphones. This is definitely not headfi where they bury the truth to favor advertising dollars. Unless you have some sort of proof by testing (even ABX), but itís doubtful they make any difference other than possibly looking better. Can you clarify your statement as I may have misunderstood it?

Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
Ö after audiotioning the TWag V2, Toxic Cables Silver Poison and a slew of other cables, Iíll stick to the Magnus. It was a no-brainer upgrade for the 8.A (I even got one for my HD650ís as well!) Ö
These cables are nothing but snake oil & a huge rip off IMHO (twag $300+ for IEM cables, toxic hd650 cables £84.95). While I have also tested various cables side by side on hd650s, I wouldn't put any weight in them ... pure bull, confirmation bias until someone shows some scientific proof. BTW my hd650s sound great with their $22.90 stock cables ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

heir, iems, review