Sorry guys new thread, I know it's an eye roller sometimes. I have had a browse onsite and online in general but I need the most up to date recommendations possible, technology moves so quickly these days.
I don't need mass bass
, I really want to hear those guitars and vocals, Rock is my poison
- Budget: £140/$200 (there's a little flexibility).
- Location: Manchester, England.
- Category: Full size headphones.
- Open Style or Closed Style: Unsure. Leakage is not a big issue at home, will one type accentuate my genre of listening better than the other? I'd like a wider soundstage, I don't need to feel like I'm in the 'front row', a few rows back will do nicely, sorry does that even make any sense?
- Circumaural: Preferred choice.
- Supra-aura: 2nd Choice
- Primary location of use: Home only.
- Preferable SQ or Sound Signature: All I know is I'm not a basshead. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I 'think' I need the emphasis on the mid-range.
- Media: Rock, quite a wide spectrum of it, Industrial, Hard, Alternative, Radio Rock, Grunge. (VAST, NIN, RHCP, Linkin Park, Metalica, Pearl Jam, STP, Foo Fighters)
- Source: Home PC with Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card listening to FLAC (card claims to be able to drive up to 600ohm cans - not my claim)
Comfort is very important to me, I work from home and I may also use these for my guitar/amp so they'll be worn easily 10-12 hours a day. A friend referred some Grado's to me for my rock leanings but I've heard nothing
good about them regarding comfort.