android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Default Cans to compliment ROCK!

Sorry guys new thread, I know it's an eye roller sometimes. I have had a browse onsite and online in general but I need the most up to date recommendations possible, technology moves so quickly these days.
I don't need mass bass , I really want to hear those guitars and vocals, Rock is my poison .

• Budget: £140/$200 (there's a little flexibility).
  • Category: Full size headphones.
  • Open Style or Closed Style: Unsure. Leakage is not a big issue at home, will one type accentuate my genre of listening better than the other? I'd like a wider soundstage, I don't need to feel like I'm in the 'front row', a few rows back will do nicely, sorry does that even make any sense?
  • Circumaural: Preferred choice.
  • Supra-aura: 2nd Choice
  • Primary location of use: Home only.
  • Preferable SQ or Sound Signature: All I know is I'm not a basshead. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I 'think' I need the emphasis on the mid-range.
  • Media: Rock, quite a wide spectrum of it, Industrial, Hard, Alternative, Radio Rock, Grunge. (VAST, NIN, RHCP, Linkin Park, Metalica, Pearl Jam, STP, Foo Fighters)
  • Source: Home PC with Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card listening to FLAC (card claims to be able to drive up to 600ohm cans - not my claim)
Comfort is very important to me, I work from home and I may also use these for my guitar/amp so they'll be worn easily 10-12 hours a day. A friend referred some Grado's to me for my rock leanings but I've heard nothing good about them regarding comfort.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]