android
Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM

Default Alternative to Panasonic HJE900?

Hi there. Was about to order my Audio Technica ATH-M50's but then my IEM's decided to meet their grave with the 'one ear dying' curse, decided I'd be better off replacing them first.

I tried to find the Panasonic HJE900 but I can't find it being sold anywhere. My budget is around $150, maybe pushing $200, isolation is quite important, as is build quality. Interchangeable cables are a huge plus but not a necessity as long as the quality is good. Being overly bassy isn't necessary, balanced with an accurate response but good isolation would be good (though maybe that's basically like saying 'i want the best pair of headphones ever').

Can anyone help me out here? Or direct me to somewhere that sells the Panasonics?

For my taste, if necessary, refer to here. Thanks! http://www.last.fm/user/DragonBottles

edit: Been looking at both the Sennheiser IE8's and the Future Sonics Atrio M5 / M8's, the latter are cheaper so that's obviously a bonus but how do they compare? And can anyone direct me to a place where I can buy them??

edit: Found a place selling the Future Sonics for £110, really, really tempted by it now. Money comes through thursday so I have some time to think but feedback would be great.

Last edited by DragonBottles; 08-20-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the double post but it's come down to two sets of IEM's I can't decide with. They're both just about the same price. Future Sonics Atrio M5's and the Phonak Audéo PFE 112's. Does anyone have any experience with either set of IEM's? Thanks!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the reply, going with the Audéo's.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 AM

Sorry to double post again but I'd like to thank nathang once again, my Audéo's came in the mail today and I'm in love with them. I didn't like them at first but whether it was burn-in time needed or my mind adjusting to the sound, I sure as hell love them now.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:02 AM

That's likely what it was then. In any case, thanks again!