android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 AM

Default Uploaded 30gb of music to SD card for Clip Zip - it aint there :/

Hey all,

Finally moved on to a Sansa. I'm flying away early tomorrow so hoped to have all my music sorted before I go.

Last night, with my SD card in the Clip Zip and the Zip connected to my computer, I dragged and dropped a good 30gb of music to the SD card. Not knowing where to put it, I left it in the 'msc' folder on the SD card - maybe that was bad but it looked like 'music'.

Upon disconnecting, the Clip Zip took ages to update the database (Fair enough, it had a lot to do). I eventually went to bed and left it, assuming it'd eventually finish. When I woke up the battery was dead....so I'm worried it did not finish updating and somehow the database got corrupted.

Turning my Zip on and having a browse, I noticed there was hardly any music on there. Connecting to my computer via the Zip, it says the SD card is pretty much full. However opening the MSC folder (all other folders are now gone) it shows nothing

If I put the SD card in to a USB reader, I can browse pretty much all the files, in the root of the SD card. Some just have some letters/number at the start, e.g. CF090000 -- i assume some Sandisk databasing?

Some files claim to not be there at all, and I can't delete them as apparently they're not there

Any tips on what to do? Can I salvage this without formatting my Micro SD card and starting again? What's the best way to upload to SD card? via my USB reader or with the Clip Zip connected to my computer?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]