android
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Help Can't find sony nwz-e364 accessories

Hi .. I'm very new to the Sony Walkman and just bought a used nwz-e364.. after trying for some time now I can not find one thing for this Walkman.. Do all "E" series accessories (case, car chargers..ect) fit the nwz-e364?.. The only things that come up in search are NWZ- E354 and a few others but not ONE thing for the NWZ- E364..I find that very strange.. I'm normally very good at finding stuff but this one has me stumped.

TIA

Sid

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Manufacturers of accessories don't want to make a lot of product that won't sell. AFAIK the E36x isn't very popular so I wouldn't expect that much has been made specifically for that model line.

Just about any charging kit that uses a standard mini USB cable and supplies the USB standard voltage should work. I can't say for sure if the E35x and E36x model cases are interchangeable. They appear to be different models of the same line but that doesn't guarantee the case from one will work on the other. Items like cases usually need to specific to your model. If you try using the case for a different model openings in the case may not line up properly.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Welcome to ABi

Manufacturers of accessories don't want to make a lot of product that won't sell. AFAIK the E36x isn't very popular so I wouldn't expect that much has been made specifically for that model line.

Just about any charging kit that uses a standard mini USB cable and supplies the USB standard voltage should work. I can't say for sure if the E35x and E36x model cases are interchangeable. They appear to be different models of the same line but that doesn't guarantee the case from one will work on the other. Items like cases usually need to specific to your model. If you try using the case for a different model openings in the case may not line up properly.
Thank you.. I was looking at different models and they look the same layout and size as mine.. Just a tough call looking online

Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Looking at them online they do look identical. I don't want to say for sure the cases would work but it seems as if they should. The way to know for sure would be to get one from a vendor with a great return policy and return it if it doesn't work.

You could also try emailing a vendor and asking them if they know if the case is interchangeable. They may have a list of models that fit that isn't posted in their online specs.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Looking at them online they do look identical. I don't want to say for sure the cases would work but it seems as if they should. The way to know for sure would be to get one from a vendor with a great return policy and return it if it doesn't work.

You could also try emailing a vendor and asking them if they know if the case is interchangeable. They may have a list of models that fit that isn't posted in their online specs.
What I'm finding out is with the e's is... Different model #'s are for the most part GB size and some different software Functions .. The the vendor is a wheeler and dealer on ebay... they sell all kinda things so my bet is they don't know.. I guess at this point When I get it in a few days I'll look around the stores like walmart and see what fits and go from there.. Anyway thanks for all your help!