Might as well.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Watch how you speak about the Pana's round these parts

Old 08-10-2012, 10:07 AM

A few observations I noticed:
  • You call the blog “unimportant
  • You state their treble is “meh” followed by “their frequency response is exceptionally balanced and accurate" and “somewhat analytical.” How can this be? IMHO the latter statements are very contradictory from “meh” treble …
  • Either there is good treble or not, but with “meh” treble it’s impossible for phones to have exceptionally frequency response, balance and accurate as you state.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
A few observations I noticed:
  • You call the blog “unimportant
  • You state their treble is “meh” followed by “their frequency response is exceptionally balanced and accurate" and “somewhat analytical.” How can this be? IMHO the latter statements are very contradictory from “meh” treble …
  • Either there is good treble or not, but with “meh” treble it’s impossible for phones to have exceptionally frequency response, balance and accurate as you state.
quality =/= quantity.

I don't think the treble is as clear the rest of the frequency response. It's not sibilant or anything though. dfkt hit the nail on the head as he said something similar.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
quality =/= quantity.

I don't think the treble is as clear the rest of the frequency response. It's not sibilant or anything though. dfkt hit the nail on the head as he said something similar.
Please do not take my comments to mean any offense. While I have not tested them, my point to you was only an observation about what/how you wrote about their SQ. If you had written "I don't think the treble is as clear the rest of the frequency response." You wouldn't have written “their frequency response is exceptionally balanced and accurate" or stated “somewhat analytical.” The quotations are from the blog, except for the one you wrote here.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:55 PM

I'm not taking offense you just don't make an once of sense.

balanced. . . accurate. . . analytical do not mean the exact same thing as "clear treble" in any universe.

Balanced refers to the entire FR. A headphone can have a balanced FR and still not have the clearest treble.

Accurate refers to the entire FR. A headphone have an accurate FR and not have the clearest treble.

Analytical here means the opposite of musical. It can also mean highly detailed, but again, that doesn't necessarily mean it has the clearest treble.

I'm done.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not taking offense you just don't make an once of sense.
Then read on … and I'm assuming you mean "ounce" and not once.

Quote:
balanced. . . accurate. . . analytical do not mean the exact same thing as "clear treble" in any universe.
Balanced - refers to tonal balance, so by using this word you are inferring that the full range from low to highs are represented well. And you've already stated the highs are not clear and "meh."

Accurate - means deviating only slightly or within acceptable limits from a standard or capable of providing a correct measurements. Again you've stated the highs are not clear, so how can the phones be accurate?

Analytical means highly detailed and how can you have “high detail” without clear treble?

Quote:
Balanced refers to the entire FR. A headphone can have a balanced FR and still not have the clearest treble.
So here you are saying that the whole frequency range is represented correctly but the treble isn’t clear, how can it then be represented correctly?

Quote:
Accurate refers to the entire FR. A headphone have an accurate FR and not have the clearest treble.
How can it be accurate without clear treble? In my book if the treble isn’t clear then it’s not accurate to real life.

Quote:
Analytical here means the opposite of musical. It can also mean highly detailed, but again, that doesn't necessarily mean it has the clearest treble.
Analytical – all ready gave that definition but again without clear treble it’s improbable for a headphone to be called “analytical.”

Quote:
I'm done.
So am I.