android
Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Default Digizoid ZO2 bass boost vs FiiO E17 overall boost

I've been looking for an amp for my Shure SRH-940, and have narrowed down my choices to one of these two amps.

For the Digizoid, I have had the opportunity to test it out in person. I really enjoy the size of the unit, and the level of accuracy in the bass boost adjustment really impressed as well. However, I find that I am happy staying in the lower bound, as the Shures only really need a little extra bass for certain genres IMO.

Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to try the FiiO out in person, but I have tried some of their other products before. I think the bass boost on the FiiO might be enough, and with the E17 I'd also get slightly better overall amplification (according to internet reviews) as well as secondary features like USB DAC.

So if anybody has any insight into the quality of the two different bass boosts, and whether or not the SmartVektor tech is enough to outshine the overall boost of the FiiO amp, please let me know.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-27-2012, 06:32 PM

I've had both the ZO and the E5 and the bass boost on the E5 doesn't even compare to the ZO. The bass boost on the E5 is noticeable, but not as much as the ZO.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Thanks, but at this point I had already bought the Digizoid.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Good choice! How are you liking it so far?