android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Default Yet another clip repair job - ACCO Klix

I epoxied an ACCO Klix to the back of my clip+. Works great. Barbed so it attaches to clothing without slipping, though it may damage delicates if yanked off. I just hope that the metal doesn't fatigue quickly from all the clicking. $4 for 10 at Staples. I have 9 left over. I also have 4 Tek Tabs in black I don't want. I'll sell either of them for $1 each including postage (US only). If you want one msg me.

When you glue the Klix to the player, make sure it's in the open/popped-up position so you don't accidentally glue it closed.

ACCO KLIX Classic Metal Paper Fasteners, 30 Sheet Capacity

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Fasten...ords=acco+klix

11/08/2012
just a quick update. this klix is working better than expected. it takes getting use to clicking it in tight spaces but it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. i'd even go so far as to say it's better than the original plastic clip that comes on the player as long as it doesn't break. it clips to things that the original clip didn't have the strength to hold on to. it's the metal clip you've always wanted.

05/21/2013
still going strong on the same klix. it popped off twice so i had to use some rough sand paper to scuff up the back of the player to ensure a nice strong epoxy bond.

Last edited by zP0kE; 05-21-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]