android
Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 AM

Default Poor bluetooth performance

I bought a 32GB Cowon S9. Everything is great...but the bluetooth is rubbish. No problem pairing it to bluetooth speakers ...I use thee Linx B Tube on my travels but move them more than a foot apart and the sound breaks up. Really bad. I have used other MP3 players with an ENJOY bluetooth adapter and there are no problems even at a distance of 10 feet. I have mentioned this to Cowon who may bother to look at this problem. Hope they do because this one weaskness ruins what could be a top quality player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2012, 10:21 PM

I have the exact same problem :-( tried with 2 different headsets (Sony DRBT21G & Plantronics Backbeat 903+), but the sound breaks extremely badly with both of them.

I recently got myself Jabra Halo2 & Motorola S309 but haven't had the chance to try.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 PM

I just bought a pair of refurbishedMM 100 Sennheiser bluetooth headphones for $60 on Amazon. This is my first bluetooth headphones experience. These headphones work great with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Phone as far as sound quality goes. Unfortunately, they sound horrible with my Cowon S9. All of the audio playback has a very noticeable tinny sound with a faint metallic crackle at times. Songs sound like MP3s encoded at was less than a constant 128 bit rate if that makes sense. The songs that I'm listening to are 128 VBR OGGs (which in general with wired headphones sound great to me). Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong here? I know my S9 is old and I read through posts and people have mentioned previously that bluetooth playback on the S9 is lower quality than wired listening, but the quality I'm experiencing is just about unlistenable. It's so much worse that I can't see myself ever listening to music on my S9 via bluetooth. Any input on this matter would be appreciated.

Tags
cowon, cowon 32gb, cowon bluetooth, cowon s9