Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh yer right, and I noticed (of course) once replaygaining my files that comes into factor as well.

Perhaps if we had a file/song to download and then specified ppl to leave their equipment on neutral (no tinkering) and then ask them to specify what headphones they use (no amps) and what volume level seems comfortable for them (or closest in volume to what they are most accustomed to listening too).

I mean we have a few sansaclip+/zip and fuze users, as well as cowon players.

Edit: but back to my earlier question about the Super fi 5's and the 600's, are they the same? I'm reading conflicting reports. Apparently same components, but the 600's are worse (build quality at least, but then i thought the super fi 5's were bad build quality also). Some say the 600's need burn in time...
I'd be really interested to know, cuz for $50AUD its a steal. I might have to grab them just to see...

Update: Stuff it, i just bought them, im too impatient. Worse case scenario my wife has a new pair of IEMs (her current ones are some awful creative freebies, they surely have to be better than them).
I didn't want to leave it too long since hearing my bust super fi 5's (2 days ago last time working), so hopefully i get them before the week is out.
I will have Soundmagic e10's, Hippo VB and UE 600's to add to my collection xD
SOURCE: Xclef (gone) | Cowon X5(gone) | Cowon D2 (dead) | Sansaclip+ RB | Sansa ClipZip RB | Cowon i9+ (32gb) | Cowon C2 (4gb)
HPs: Soundmagic E10's | Hippo VB's | UE 600's | Superlux HD 668B | Superlux HD660 | Sony XBA3 | Sony XBA2VP

Last edited by BruceBanner; 07-24-2012 at 07:55 PM.