android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Speakers

Old 07-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Looking for speakers to go with my J3 (and an iPod)

I have recently married and am looking for a portable speaker system that would be good to use in the bedroom (but could also be moved around as we see fit).

I myself have a J3 and my wife has an iPod classic.

So far, I've spotted two that could maybe be good:

- The Bose SoundLink (although the 300 Euros tag is a tad expensive to my taste) http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink...bose+soundlink.

- The Logitech Wireless Boombox (looks a little large though) http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...bose+soundlink

I was also looking at JLB as I have them as my laptop speakers and they sound very good, but seeing the amount of different models... I kind of got lost in it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

[Oh, and before someone jumps into the thread about me eyeing Bose, I have been using their IE headphones since a while now (3-4 years I think) and to me the sound come sound great, even better now with the J3's EQ. I also like their 2 years warranty and good customer's service that I got so far. But yes, they are pricey, that I can agree with. I have yet to find headphones that are good sound and in between the "I'm an earbud and let all the outside sound in" and the "I'm noise cancelling so look out around you when you walk or bike outside". ]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just picked up the Soundfreaq Sound Kick SFQ-04 at a local Target, in part because Gizomodo's recent (glowing) review piqued my interest. (Much like you, I'd been keeping my antennae up for something compact and nice-sounding that I could easily carry from room to room while cleaning/working/etc.) I haven't given it an extensive listen yet, but for the $100, I find it quite enjoyable so far. I don't know if Soundfreaq products are available overseas (I've shrewdly deducted by your "300 Euros" comment that you might not be based in the US... ), but I thought I'd at least put it on your radar.

P.S. Congrats on your recent nuptials!

Old 07-14-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I just picked up the Soundfreaq Sound Kick SFQ-04 at a local Target, in part because Gizomodo's recent (glowing) review piqued my interest. (Much like you, I'd been keeping my antennae up for something compact and nice-sounding that I could easily carry from room to room while cleaning/working/etc.) I haven't given it an extensive listen yet, but for the $100, I find it quite enjoyable so far. I don't know if Soundfreaq products are available overseas (I've shrewdly deducted by your "300 Euros" comment that you might not be based in the US... ), but I thought I'd at least put it on your radar.

P.S. Congrats on your recent nuptials!
That Soundfreaq one looks nice, and one can find it on Amazon.fr for around 102 Euros.

I live in Belgium for the moment so I went by a FNAC shop to listen to the Bose as it was on display. It did not pair with my J3 for some reason so I had to listen to the demo track, which while the sound comes well, I would have preferred to play tracks I know well to compare.

Saw the Logitech one too for around 129 Euros, but it was not on demo so could not listen to it.

I'll have to continue looking around.

PS: Thanks for the congrats.