android
Old 07-06-2012, 09:02 AM

I'd try to format it before trying to see if it's recognized. BTW is the Clip in MSC mode, that way you'll see the 2 drives in windows explorer. If you can not get it recognized, I'd just ask for my money back and buy from amazon or a reputable site.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM

It is in MSC mode.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Again, I can't test it with anything if the card reader on my PC's won't read it. I was also told on this post earlier that you don't need to format it. Just plug in and it's good. I am confused.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Administrator

I really don't know what else anyone can tell you. Every card I've ever had, and I've had dozens of them, was found and the driver installed when I put it in my Clip+, Fuze or sansa e200 player and connected it it to a PC. "PC" has included Windows 2000-->Win 7, Macs and Linux based OSes.

The cards in an adapter may or may not be have been read by a particular machine. The differences in card readers and adapters have made that iffy at best. That uncertainty is why I use my sansa players as card readers. They are much more reliable for me than any card reader I've tried using.

Some of the machines would read smaller microsd cards but most wouldn't read a microsdhc card in an adapter. Whether or not the card would read in an adapter seemed to be based on the machine's card reader not the card. The same card that wouldn't read or was erratic in an adapter/reader setup worked every time when used inside a Clip+ or other player.

The only thing I can think to suggest is to place the card in the Clip and connect it to the computer while having the Device Manger open when you connect. Make sure the card in fully inserted. There should be a distinct click into the detent and the card needs to be pushed in further to click again and release. If you see the player connected but not the card it's not being detected. Not sure what can be done about that.

If the card is detected but there's an error you can try uninstalling then reinstalling the card. That's helped me sometimes in the past when the machine hadn't installed the card properly.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:06 PM

In My Computer, the sansa shows up but not the card with extra memory. Of course the card is correctly inserted into the player.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Administrator

I'm don't know what can be done in that case. I've never had a failure of a player or a PC to see a card that was properly inserted into a sandisk player. Trying different players, cards or PCs is the only thing that comes to mind.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Must be faulty cards then.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marb View Post
Must be faulty cards then.
In MSC mode, your player will show up on your computer as 2 separate drives, whether there is a card inserted in the slot or not. If you're only seeing the player's drive and not a separate drive for the card slot, it seems to me this is where the fault lies, not with the card itself.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Ah, yes. A separate drive shows up now in My Computer. I have just looked at properties and it says just under 8 gig. I will drag and drop files onto it and see what happens.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM

Ok, it shows as "removable disk F" and I have dragged some files onto it which show on my PC (only while inside the player, not the adapter) What I can't do is see the files when I turn on the player. It says 0MB on my SD even though it 2refreshes media" everytime I insert it into the player.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 PM

"It says 0MB on my SD" Test the card to see if it's good, links for software have already been mentioned. Also are the files you are loading properly tagged? If not they wouldn't show up on the clip.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Yes, they are BBC podcasts.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 AM

I have formatted the card with SD format from the link provided (thanks BTW) and it now shows up on my player with the files. Still can't get it to read through the SD card adapter though.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I have formatted the card with SD format from the link provided (thanks BTW) and it now shows up on my player with the files. Still can't get it to read through the SD card adapter though.
Good to hear that you can read files on you player now. As skip said earlier many of the included cheap card adapters are iffy at best, I've found on some that the card has to be in it just right. Either very deep and slightly pulled out, just slightly inserted or plain very deep. That said try other adapters or ask for a replacement. I doubt it's your pc but you can check the USB controllers in device manager, maybe it's a driver issue.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
There are two types of microSD card adapters. One is the stick the card in a full size SD card shell. I have several of those, and have not had a problem with any of them.

There is also the type with a male USB plug on it. I have had no problems with the 2 or 3 that I have with a metal USB plug. However, the one with a plastic USB plug has never seemed to work becaue it doesn't fit in the USB outlet cleanly. Tried the ports on 2 different laptops, at least 2 (probably 3 or 4) USB hubs, and one USB extension cable. I don't think it worked with any of those attachment devices.

Steve