android
Old 03-30-2012, 03:09 AM

Angry A WARNING: my Protechshop experience

Alas, my beloved 8Gb Cowon J3, which I had owned for 2 years was lost/stolen never to be seen again.

Such was my love for my Cowon J3, I decided to buy a new one. So I did my usual comb of the internet and stumbled across these guys: Prodirectshop.

http://www.protechshop.co.uk/

180 english pounds for a 16Gb Cowon J3 sounded very reasonable to me so I made my purchase, feeling quite smug that I got a good deal.

3 days passed and I did not hear anything to suggest my order was moving forward. So I gave them a call. I was then told that the item was out of stock.

Thats strange, the website indicated a stock of +10. "I'm sorry", they said. "Our stock level counter is playing up. We have a delivery coming in on Monday, so the item should be with you in another 7-10 days, probably."

"Hmmm, no thanks. I'll cancel my order please", I said. This was on March 4th 2012 and I STILL have not received my refund.

I am now told that I will have to wait ANOTHER 2-3 weeks to receive a refund, as they are "updating their payment systems from Streamline to Sage".

I'm not sure if anyone has any experience with Protechshop, but my advice would be to stay clear, or if you do order, I really do hope you don't have the same experience as me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 PM

Any update on your case? their website is down.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM

I finally got my money back by passing the matter to my credit card company.

They claimed that the delay was due to their refund system changing from stream to Sage pay.

Nevertheless, the took over 28 days to refund my money and there are many other people who have had the same experience.

Good luck if you ordered something from them!