android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 AM

I'm using my Zip in my car, but I wouldn't recommend it. Actually I have no car radio, it's just Zip->amplifier->speakers.
The problem is that the Zip is too small, you may clip it to the dashboard but then the screen is not readable, so I end up holding it in my hand and putting it down somewhere, where it may fall off etc..

Even using the AUX input, you'd still have to control the playback on the Zip, aside from volume which can probably be adjusted on the car radio. I'd rather get a car radio that has USB input, but I read somewhere on this forum that not all car radios read the microsd card on the Zip, only the internal memory.. so just putting a flasdrive in there would make more sense, and skip the Zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
On the unit's face it says, "WMA/mp3/AAC", so I assume that it is capable of utilizing an iPod and therefore a Clip Zip.
I think that means the unit will play CDs with WMA/mp3/AAC.
If it would support an iPod it would have some connection for it on the front or back, and it would probably also say something like "made for iPod" on the front. So my guess is that you can just pop an MP3-CD in there and call it a day .