android
Old 11-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Clip Zip Noise when Song is changing

Hi there,

i just got my clip zip and have a problem. Everytime a song is done and the next song is about to begin there is a short burst of noise. It is really annoying. So i hope you can help mw with that problem.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Some Clip+ players had this problem as well if you used very sensitive headphones. I don't think you can do much about it aside from using other headphones.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1ll3 View Post
Hi there,

i just got my clip zip and have a problem. Everytime a song is done and the next song is about to begin there is a short burst of noise. It is really annoying. So i hope you can help mw with that problem.

Thanks for the help
Update the firmware....the version many of them shipped with had this problem. The newer versions seemed to cure it.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:12 PM

Well great. So i will just gift the player to my sister and buy a cowon again. Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:30 PM

@Marvin

Will try that thanks for the tip.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1ll3 View Post
@Marvin

Will try that thanks for the tip.
Look here... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64931
The first post has the newer firmwares, and the second post has instructions for the manual update so you can avoid the Updater tool.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:11 PM

I gave the same solution than marvin linked on old posts: upgrade to version 1.01.17 or 1.01.15
Please, feed back after you update the firmware
: fuze v2, clip+, clipzip,LG: mffm15, mffm33, Treckstor ibeatcenso and my car's one!

Last edited by cowoniriver; 11-30-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Default history repeating

this thread is a twin sister of this:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...413#post586413

I only have to add the the files that made noise before upgrading firmawe ,played ok at the rest of my hardare and software players including foobar that open console error at any single bad frame.
: fuze v2, clip+, clipzip,LG: mffm15, mffm33, Treckstor ibeatcenso and my car's one!

Old 11-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

The Clip+ version was faint humming sound, it sounds like this is a more drastic software bug rather then a hardware fault.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not everyone experiences this though, so it might be related to having comments or unsupported tags. I heard that with some other players having anything in the comments field caused noise after a song was player.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Not everyone experiences this though, so it might be related to having comments or unsupported tags. I heard that with some other players having anything in the comments field caused noise after a song was player.
Take it from somebody that had one before they were released to the public...it was cured by a firmware revision. I think the .12, the one many of them shipped with, is the one that introduced the problem of the occasional noise between tracks, I remember hearing it myself. One of the updates cured it though.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM

I just received a new Clip Zip on Monday. It was shipped with 1.01.12...I would have updated the firmware right away, but I received it at work and had to battle the packaging for about 5 minutes to extract it. It did have the static burst between about half of the songs. I updated to 1.01.17 on my next break, and it hasn't done it since.
If you look in the Clip Zip Firmware forum it does say

Bugs Fixed
Static noise is heard between some song changes

Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campdavid View Post
I just received a new Clip Zip on Monday. It was shipped with 1.01.12...I would have updated the firmware right away, but I received it at work and had to battle the packaging for about 5 minutes to extract it. It did have the static burst between about half of the songs. I updated to 1.01.17 on my next break, and it hasn't done it since.
If you look in the Clip Zip Firmware forum it does say

Bugs Fixed
Static noise is heard between some song changes
Actually i bought the clip + with the latest fw version and i hear this static noise everytime i change tracks and turn off the the player. I use the Shure SE 535 in-ears.

Is this normal?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Power up/down and track change noises on the Clip+ have been reported at different times. They aren't the same as the static burst that was fixed with the firmware update on the Clip Zip.

The noises on the Clip+ are usually reported by those using low ohm, high sensitivity IEMS.The static burst on the Clip Zip with the first firmware could be heard using any headphones. I'm guessing that's part of why it was a high priority in the first firmware update.

The Clip+ noises seem to be hardware related and unit specific. The noises aren't changed by which firmware version is used. I've read where some that had a problem with one unit found the noise to be reduced or nonexistent with another unit that was the same model. The guess has been that there are different batches of Clip+, some have the problem and others don't.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Power up/down and track change noises on the Clip+ have been reported at different times. They aren't the same as the static burst that was fixed with the firmware update on the Clip Zip.

The noises on the Clip+ are usually reported by those using low ohm, high sensitivity IEMS.The static burst on the Clip Zip with the first firmware could be heard using any headphones. I'm guessing that's part of why it was a high priority in the first firmware update.

The Clip+ noises seem to be hardware related and unit specific. The noises aren't changed by which firmware version is used. I've read where some that had a problem with one unit found the noise to be reduced or nonexistent with another unit that was the same model. The guess has been that there are different batches of Clip+, some have the problem and others don't.
Well i guess i have to go Cowon again. Thought the Clip+ would be a good replacement for my iAudio i7. I guess not.

Thanks anyway for the detailed answer!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj christian View Post
Actually i bought the clip + with the latest fw version and i hear this static noise everytime i change tracks and turn off the the player. I use the Shure SE 535 in-ears.

Well i guess i have to go Cowon again. Thought the Clip+ would be a good replacement for my iAudio i7. I guess not.

Before giving up on the player, you might try updating the firmware manually. It couldn't hurt, and as I explained in your post over on the SpamDisk forum, very rarely does a player come out with the very latest firmware already installed. The latest version for this model is 01.02.16. Check your player under Settings > System Settings > Info for the firmware version currently on your player.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
Before giving up on the player, you might try updating the firmware manually. It couldn't hurt, and as I explained in your post over on the SpamDisk forum, very rarely does a player come out with the very latest firmware already installed. The latest version for this model is 01.02.16. Check your player under Settings > System Settings > Info for the firmware version currently on your player.
Yea! It came with the fw version 01.02.16P installed but i did install it again to exlude anything fw related. The static noise is still there unfortunately.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM

That's too bad.

Are you married to those earphones?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
That's too bad.

Are you married to those earphones?
Yes we got married last June. Were very happy soundwise beside my left ear which is not so comfortable with them due to bad fit, it want's a divorce.