android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones > Headphone User Reviews

Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
Yes Real music, music of geniuses, i was reading about a mozart's piece "A musical-dice game" he did experiemnts with dices and made music perfectly coherent.

That's amazing, regarding the fact that in those times were no computers available to perform this music generation alla random
Music of geniuses is right. Mozart did experiment but, a lot of his music was based on mathematical formula's very complex ones at that. Yes and other prog rock bands did the same thing in the seventies and continues to our day.

I am sorry to say that 300 yrs from now no one is going to tout the genius of most of zeitgeist music we listen to today. Sorry rappers and electronic artist(a genre I enjoy) and lovers of those genres.

I would like to ask if what you are hearing is the detail, warmth, and the space around the instrument as well in the relation to other instrument, even though the source is of a compressed media?

You mention that you can hear the mechanics of the instrument. This is the detail I am intrigued about. No one is going to say that of a computer switch/key being pressed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

there is more to electronic music then pressing buttons and there is way more to rap than lil wayne. I am not going to go into it for an audience that wont even begin to agree though. there is also more to music than instruments. just because thats the part you guys like doesnt mean the rest is without merit. I dont usually speak on taste but I do when people voice taste and preference as if it were measurable law. The same things you guys are saying was said about elvis, motown, the beatles, Kiss, and many other people that changed music or spoke with the voice of a particualr generation...and actually had something to say. so yeah, enjoy your genre...but back off of belittling others and especially back off of your omniscient predictions of what is valuable to the future. You don't come off as informed or enlightened...you come off as elitist and closed minded. So many classics of every media format (books, music, art, film) were reviewed as trash at the time they were released. some werent popular for generations and the values of a future generation appreciated it more. So while I do not expect you to change your preferences I would hope that you would respect others as well. And if someone came on here talking the same stuff in reference to classical I would say the same to them. Yes, your music is the music of geniuses...but not every musical genuis operates within your genre of choice. All classics were zeitgeist at some point. the future genrations are what determined that it was a classic.

Last edited by IDvsEGO; 06-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:02 PM

I di a stratling discovery....

MP3 has bass problems muddy bass and bad stereo definition

I am redownloading my classics and converting them to MP4 [AAC] 250 VBR

an the xbas are mosnters with those bit rate the music comes to life and the bass is more present, stereo is really good i can hear well the separation

I have noted also that AAC 250 VBR is quite loud compared to mp3 192 CBR i need to turn down instead of up the volume.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
I di a stratling discovery ...
Did you determine the best audio format for you by ABX testing you files with foobar2000 and its ABX comparator like explained here?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-02-2012, 10:48 AM

UPDATE: I decided to clean the supposed filter....

is not a filter but a cap made of spongey thingy used in ipod hard drives, remmeber that blue sponge that comes with ipod's HDD?

well is a thin wafer of that and it's glued so i ended destroying it.... like those fontopias card-box cap in the sound port

well they sound the same but they are basically, unprotected from ear wax

I expected a sponge tube or a meshy filter that you could clean, sony sucks on this