Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

View Poll Results: If you had a gun to your head, which Clip would you take?
Clip Zip 16 45.71%
Clip + 14 40.00%
Either one, they're basically the same player other than the screen if you run rockbox. 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Can't see how there could be a "better audio response in the lower spectrum". They test the same beyond the limits of hearing.

I don't use the radio. There may have been an improvement there along with bringing in RDS.
Let me provide some additional info.
I have both a Clip+ and ClipZip and I made comparative subjective listening tests at same vol, sound settings etc for both flac audio files and the FM radio, using my old Sony MDR CD10 headset. I made an a/b switch setup, so I could quickly switch the headset between the two players, while playing the same flac files on each player or with the FM radio tuned to the same station.

To my ears the results were:
1. Flac files - No discernible difference between Clip+ or ClipZip could be heard. Clearly the audio amp characteristics are the same.

2. FM radio - ClipZip has a fuller sound than the Clip+ at the lower end of the freq spectrum. This is not due to the audio amp, but suggests the CZ tuner provides a wider freq response than the Clip+ tuner.