android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
Just bought refurbished black Fuze v2 on eBay and it looks brand-new and doesn't have the light leakage problem so maybe there was just a bad batch at some point.
I took my 2009 one apart as the right ear went out....using a jewelers scope...I didn't see why it white screened. i put a female jack through the earphone jack as the original isn't available and it cures the plug problem.

So I bought a recert one from newegg...the wheel was sluggish until two isopropal 70% alcohol washes.

There is no ridge to seal the case....there are ten clips the faceplate uses to connect to the bottom case.
Careful raising the upper case as the scroll wheel is held there by 4 weak screws.

So...use a ziploc bag...they come in fuze size. I always kept my cigs water tight with ziploc bags...as the captain commanded me to the foredeck to hoist the john bee.\

All the manufacturers are expecting us to buy phones with mp3 capability....I will be buying one....with no phone service....its going voip.

Last edited by TuFur; 04-05-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 AM

Old thread I know, but it's the only one with this issue I've seen.

I bought a sansa fuze from the sandisk website, I'm guessing it was refurbished since it just came inside a brown box(I don't remember reading the word "refurbished" anywhere on the page I bought it from, should I have expected it to be refurbished?).
The wedge on mine isn't as bad as OPs, but it's still noticeable and kinda annoys me. I just can't use my fuze without feeling like it's going to fall apart anytime.
I haven't used it much just because of that reason.

If IRC, it only came with the master packing slip and I remember reading that it had a 90 day warranty. I still have the USB cable, earbuds(cotton(ish?) covers at the end are missing), and master packing slip(I don't remember it coming with any other documents).
I have rockboxed my fuze, but would it be noticeable if I formatted it?

I know I'm being picky, but would I be able to send it back and get a replacement?

This is the one I bought, should it have come inside the plastic case, instead of being inside little bags inside a brown box? Especially since under "Bulk Packaging" in the link below, it says "Bulk packaging contains brand NEW products NOT in retail packaging."
http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdisku...ctID.247334700

I also notice that it now says it's out of stock, would this be a problem?

Last edited by Deity; 06-06-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Administrator

It is new. It's straight from the maker and has never been offered for sale. Can't get much newer than that.

Any replacement you get will be just what you have now. Retail packaging is the plastic shell I guess you were expecting. Bulk packaging is what was specified. That's what you got.

Being out of stock would mean whatever sales terms that covered refunds would apply more than likely. I doubt they can exchange for an item they don't have.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You could get a silicone cover as another poster suggested. If it says out of stock u may not get a replacement(just a refund) or wait a very long time.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:56 AM

In that case I might get a hardcover case: http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Cl.../dp/B001ECP666

Would you guys recommend it over a silicone case?

Old 06-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Administrator

I can't say. I just put a screen protector on mine. I never liked the added bulk of cases of any type.

I would get the screen covered immediately if you plan on using it while you decide on a case. The plastic is really soft and will pick up scratches under even light use. A generic clear protector cut to shape will give you some protection.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I can't say. I just put a screen protector on mine. I never liked the added bulk of cases of any type.

I would get the screen covered immediately if you plan on using it while you decide on a case. The plastic is really soft and will pick up scratches under even light use. A generic clear protector cut to shape will give you some protection.
Since the hardcover covers the screen, I might just end up getting it.

I don't really mind bulk and hopefully it will help me get over the wedge on the side.

I just hope it doesn't make viewing the screen any harder, or for videos.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 PM

I use a crystal case on my fuze and it's great. It eventually gets some dust on the inside when I carry the player in my pocket (I disassemble and clean it every fortnight or so...), and on direct sunlight it gets a little bit harder to see the screen, but it's good for protection.

I own a silicone case as well, but I prefer the hard case.