android
Old 05-27-2012, 12:09 PM

Default Sansa clip plus will not unlock

Hi all. First post after reading many. After starting a song, my Clip plus (sansa firmware) locks. I hold the home key, and it unlocks for about a second and then relocks. I tried going back to an older firmware, reformatting, resetting, installing different songs, and still have the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Sounds like a hardware problem. If formatting and reinstalling the latest firmware hasn't solved the problem my guess is it's the player, not the software. I'm not familiar with the firmware version you posted on HeadFi, 1.0.09A. You could try updating to the latest, 01.02.16 and see if that helps.

The lock function is controlled by the Home button. If it's been damaged so that the player sees it as pressed even when it's not, that could cause the locking problem. No idea how to fix it if that's the problem. I can't remember anyone reporting this or a solution.

My memory doesn't include every post here so you probably want wait and see if anyone else knows of a solution. Good luck, hope someone else knows a fix.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you holding the button down too long, so that it cycles again? You might try holding it down for a shorter time, and see if matters change,

Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 AM

I tried different lengths of time. Still the same problem. Looks like its time to buy a new one. I had this one for a few years. Thanks.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If your feeling is that your current one now is dead-of-sorts, you might want to list it for sale here or at eBay, etc.--people sometimes are looking for units for parts. Perhaps not alot of money for you, but hey, it's a pizza . . . .

Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM

Thanks. At least I won't have to worry if it gets damaged in shipping.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member