android
Old 05-26-2012, 08:15 AM

Hi all,

I not long ago rockboxed my sansa fuze so that I could get over the volume issues I was experiencing. Finally have everything the way I like it but I have just synced a audiobook on there and I can't see it anywhere! I know the sync completed successfully as it's listed on the fuze. On the original firmware the device refreshed each time it was synced. Does rockbox have to do a similar thing and if so how do I do it? I apologise if this has already been answered but I couldn't see a search box within this thread which is weird.

Thanks.

I have initialized and updated the database and still can't see anything. Just anybody else use audible? I have an audible directory but when I click on it there is just a empty folder. Audible manager shows the audiobook is on my device and sync completed successfully.

found it, didn't want to show me the file because it sees it as unsupported. I downloaded them in the format the website said so I guess it's over to them now. Sorry to have taken space on here but if anyone has experienced this and knows the solution then I would very much appreciate the help. I have downloaded my audiobook in format 4 which is what audible recommends for the fuze.

Last edited by skip252; 05-26-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: posts merged, please edit consecutive posts instead of multiposting

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator

If they are DRM protected Audible files they won't be usable in Rockbox. If you set your file browser's file view to show all files you should be able to see them.

I've found DRM files transferred in MTP in the "##" folders and by using the database. They wouldn't play but I could see them.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:10 PM

Thanks. I have been on rockbox and found that out earlier so I just use the dual-boot feature AFTER I activated the device in audible manager. Apparently this needs to be done even if the programme recognises your device. Thanks again for your post.

For anyone interested, this is achieved by right clicking your device from the list on the left hand side and clicking activate.

Tags
audiobook, new content, refresh, sync