android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

IMO, the SQ is on par with the Sony players. On head-fi all they do is talk jibberish about the differences between the Z and A series. BS. I tried an A series and a Z series player out in the Sony store yesterday, the SQ is the same - both great. But, there's no big difference to make you get one or the other. Choose what features are best suited for your needs,...aka do you really need an Android Walkman?

Also, I own the EU volume capped A867, and the SQ is equal to the USA players I tested yesterday, with ONE exception. The volume is lower on my player, by about 5-7 clicks. But, it's more than acceptable. And the bass, treble, mids, soundstage, etc, their all IDENTICLE!!!

And, if you get the E series, the SQ will STILL be excellent. You'll just not have all the extra BS features the other models have. Get what's best for you.

Me, if I could get a little S Series model with 32gb, or better yet 64gb, I'd jump on it. All the extra crap is just crap to me. All I want is the Sony SQ - it's my #1!!!

But, a Rockboxed clip+/zip sounds just as good. I just prefer a Sony,...