I'm in partial agreement.
Clip variants = wonderful
Fuze = coulda been wonderful with Clip-type controls
Fuze Plus = desperately needs Clip-type controls
J3 = way overpriced
I agree with ya's both!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 PM

I love my clip+ it has held up for a year and a half of pretty much around the clock use and abuse and still works and sounds great. It sounds a little better than the fuze I had before it plus the build quality of the original fuze was crap I had 2 that broke from the same problem with little to no abuse.

IMO the clip+ is great but they should make one with clip like controls like someone mentioned

Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Banned

Everything audio related is overpriced. I bought my 32GB J3 recently for several reasons, just one of them being that I'm not interested in having an android product. Another being that I wanted a player that would fit in my pocket comfortably and still have a decent screen to watch movies on AND listen to quality music on (as well as having a greater capacity than my Meizu M6).

I think the J3 is a rather nice player, and considering the alternatives I didn't see anything that has all of the features that it does (at the size that it is) at a similar or lower price point.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 PM

The iBasso Dx100 does everything and sounds very very good.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post
The iBasso Dx100 does everything and sounds very very good.
OK, and for less money I can get excellent sq and almost equal volume with a clip+/zip and a FiiO amp.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 PM

If you are talking about money then you are correct. If I am talking about size the DX100 is one sole player and if We are dealing with BEST sounding player then the DX100 wins.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
If you are talking about money then you are correct. If I am talking about size the DX100 is one sole player and if We are dealing with BEST sounding player then the DX100 wins.
Please provide proof that it sounds better than any other top tier volume matched player or are you just stating your opinion?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 05-22-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like opinion to me.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 PM

Ofcourse its my opinion and you have yours. I can only say I am 45 years old buying and listening to various systems for the past 28 years of buying things on my own. I have the Cowons and I have used the Hifiman 601 and 801 for some time. I had the Apple classic and nanno which both were average and I got rid of. I had 2 ok Sonys and now the iBasso DX100. I have used the DX100 with custom JH Audio 13 and Future Sonics MG6Pro. The DX100 is a real amp and a player. With the Hifimans I had the volume at the max with the DX100 I have it half way. The clearity and seperation on the DX100 is unmatched. The sound is warm but can be EQd which I do because I like bass.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
The clearity and seperation on the DX100 is unmatched.
Under the entry crosstalk in http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Dictiona...8746612&sr=1-1:
Quote:
In a stereo music system, there is not a great need for extremely low crosstalk, for crosstalk of less than -20 dB or so cannot be heard because of the similarity of the two channels and because of masking of each channel by the other.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk
The clearity and seperation on the DX100 is unmatched.
Do you have scientific proof to verify this statement, such as RMAA testing, etc? Or, as I've stated, that's your "opinion".

Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 AM

No scientific proof but 28 Years of experience. I'll pass I'd need the scientific proof in order to make my decision. That said there are a number of other members in this forum I'd happily listen to, but in my 45 years on the planet, I've learned price is not always a Guarantee of Quality.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 PM

I agree with you price is not proof of value or quality. Well best for you to ask other DX100 owners out there and get their opinions. I too been here 45 years but I didnt buy things when I was 2 years old. Any ways which would be , in your opinion, a better portable player/dac that can play 24 bit/96 music? Just cause I state an opinion does not mean I and you have to compete, if you are happy with your set up then you are doing fine. If you believe I am wrong then I am in your mind and if I might be somewhat correct then I guessed you either demod the DX100, bought it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSigh View Post
No scientific proof but 28 Years of experience. I'll pass I'd need the scientific proof in order to make my decision. That said there are a number of other members in this forum I'd happily listen to, but in my 45 years on the planet, I've learned price is not always a Guarantee of Quality.
I am only stating my HUMBLE opinion on my experience with PORTABLE music. Not competing nor boasting just helping in case someone is curious and is looking for an upgrade.

Last edited by skip252; 05-23-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: posts merged, please edit consecutive post instead of multiposting, pm sent

Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry, I have the money for the DX100, but I'd rather spend it on something else. Why pay more for sq I can get with a lower cost alternative.

Remember, price point often produces biased opinions. I don't say that as an insult, it's a fact. I'd most likely fall prey to the placebo effect initially as well,...but I trust scientific testing way more than my perceived impressions. The testing would "slap" me back to reality. Buyers remorse would ensue,...

Show me facts,...or leave the DX100 out of the discussion please. Especially since the people you mention are on head-fi, and once swore by RMAA testing, until the BS HiFiMAN came along. Their opinions are, as most here agree, no longer valid. There are exceptions,...but the herd-mentality over there no longer accepts the truth. And the management endorses devices that are actually flawed - as long as the device is from a paid sponsor.

Read this, and he's just one example: http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/

Old 05-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Default Great sounding and placebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Sorry, I have the money for the DX100, but I'd rather spend it on something else. Why pay more for sq I can get with a lower cost alternative.

Remember, price point often produces biased opinions. I don't say that as an insult, it's a fact. I'd most likely fall prey to the placebo effect initially as well,...but I trust scientific testing way more than my perceived impressions. The testing would "slap" me back to reality. Buyers remorse would ensue,...

Show me facts,...or leave the DX100 out of the discussion please. Especially since the people you mention are on head-fi, and once swore by RMAA testing, until the BS HiFiMAN came along. Their opinions are, as most here agree, no longer valid. There are exceptions,...but the herd-mentality over there no longer accepts the truth. And the management endorses devices that are actually flawed - as long as the device is from a paid sponsor.

Read this, and he's just one example: http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/
Well if your beliefs makes you happy then I am happy for you. If you are happy with Apple or whatever and you cannot find a reason to try another player that is a good thing. I am not scientific at all I just go with what I enjoy. Thanks for your scientific opinions.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Scientific isn't an opinion,...and I try tons of players every year. Sorry to see you're so closed minded,...thanks for posting opinion as fact.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 PM

My opinions for me are facts but not facts fr you and thats ok. I am not competing with you and hope we both are enjoying what we have. Which player are you so proud of? Have you compared that player with the Hifiman, DX100 or a Cowon? Where do you get your opinions from?

Which IEM has the best amounts of bass?

Last edited by skip252; 05-23-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Posts merged for the last time. They get deleted after this

Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
My opinions for me are facts but not facts fr you and thats ok. I am not competing with you and hope we both are enjoying what we have. Which player are you so proud of? Have you compared that player with the Hifiman, DX100 or a Cowon? Where do you get your opinions from?

Which IEM has the best amounts of bass?
First, read this on the HiFiMAN: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...t=HiFiMAN+RMAA

That's truth, not someone's opinion or "facts".

Second, I don't need to test a HiFiMAN, as the sq is garbage.

Third, I never said the DX100 didn't sound good. I've said that the same sq can be attained using a "quality" mp3 player, and the same volume reached using a good amp.

And lastly, I've tried & own/ed Sony, Cowon, Archos, Creative, Apple, Philips, MS Zune, coby, maxell, etc. I have a decent amount of experience under my belt. And, I've had opinions that have been proven right AND wrong. I think someone testing a device is more informative and ACCURATE then an opinion any day.

When a person asks for help facts are what's required, not JUST an opinion. The recommendations we make are all proven to sound good. A clip+ tests better than almost ANY player,...I wonder if it's better than the DX100? I'd personally luv to know,...

And as noted in other threads, if the person states that $100 is their price point, why recommend a device that costs $800+??? You can read & write,...

Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

eating-popcorn-03.gif

Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
... Have you compared that player with the Hifiman, DX100 or a Cowon? ...
I am curious, where is it proven that the hifiman or the dx100 is a standard/benchmark to compare all players against? AFAIK the facts so far prove otherwise ….

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc