android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdedo View Post
Hi lol93. Thanks for your response. I agree, I would like to wipe the device and upgrade.

I download the Gingerbread KPL file from the link you gave me, but I'm not sure what to do with the zip/tar file. Can you let me know what to do next?

Thanks!
Follow the common rules for flashing with ODIN:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashing guide (thanks stryfewalker) AND SteveS:

1) Before flashing the kernel, the Samsung USB drivers must be installed. To do this install Samsung Kies Suite (Recommended) or install them manually.
2) Download and install Odin 1.85
3) Download the right kernel/firmware for your player (EU, KOR or USA version)
4) Extract the zip file. Inside there is a tar flashable with ODIN
5) Put your player in DOWNLOAD MODE (With the device powered off press simultaneously Power button, menu button and volume down button until a green android symbol appears)
6) open ODIN and connect your player via usb. ODIN will acknowledge (yellow IDCOM window)
7) in ODIN window select PDA and choose the packet tar you want to flash. (must use the .tar file, do not extract the .tar)
8) Make sure Re-Partition in unselected (OR YOU WILL BRICK THE DEVICE)
9) Press start and wait for the end of the procedure (PASS signal should be given at the end (don't disconnect the device until flashing is complete or you will brick the device)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy your new device
Regards

Tags
firmware, gingerbread, samsung galaxy player, yp-gb70