android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 PM

Default IEM Choice (Soundmagic PL50 E30 or other under 50usd)

Hi,
Last week, my friend let me try an IEM (from a sony ericsson walkman mobile phone). I found it was increadable for isolation. I coould hear the music quit clearly in volume 4-5 when outdoors. I think it's a kind of way to protect my ears. I'm still using an old Sennheriser MX500, which I need to turn the volume up to 12 to hear the sound when outdoors.
So I decide to get an IEM. Searching the local (China) internet market, the Soundmagic PL50 is quit good-looking and the price after discount is 299rmb(47.5usd) with a free pair of comply t100 tips. I did't find much topics about the PL50 here. Found a review about E30, the price of it in my place is about 41usd. I think it's good too. The drivers are different between PL50 and E30. I don't know which one to get.
Any advice pls. Is there any good choice out of PL50 and E30 under 50usd. Other west-brand is ok, because a friend of mine will go to LA for a week at the end of April, and I find 100usd in my wallet.
BTW, My player is sony e354. I like listening the soundtrack(score) from game, movie and japanese-acg.
Thank you in advance.
Rex.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 AM

No reply for half month.
Decided to let my friend bring a JVC HA-FXC80 back from US.
People said it's good at playback the soundtrack music. I don't play much vocal music. And the price is quite low from AMAZON.
The JVC HA-FXT90 is very interesting. But it is only saled in japan market, and price is high.
Rex.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Soundmagic E10 and E30 are very popular. The E10 has more bass, and the E30 sounds more neutral. If your focus is on detailed sound, you might want to get a balanced armature IEM. These excell in detail, but have less bass, and sometimes also more treble roll off than dynamic IEMs. The meelectronics A151 is very popular, as is the new Sony XBA-1.

If you search http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portabl...n-ear-monitors

you will see that there are some new cheap BA IEMs available in China. Those might be you best value. Using an IEM when walking through traffic might be very dangerous. It might be great though when commuting by train or bus.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 PM

@JK98
Thanks
Yes, it is dangerous to walk through traffic with an IEM. I often go out for business by train. So an IEM will be kind to me.
Some people say that a cheap BA IEM is not a good choice. They would rather to get a dynamic one at the same price. So I give up to get the PL50. The E30,yes,is popular, but it is kind of toy-like. After that, I found the JVC FXC80. Its micro HD dynamic driver looks interesting. So I decided to hava a try.
The meelectronics A151 looks nice. Amazon price is 54usd. Quit attractive. My friend is going to LA, next week. So I have a week to consider about it.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 PM

Brainwavz m1! Wahahahaha