android
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM

Default This One's for you, Canada: HTC One V coming to Bell

Thanks to a friendly tipster at Mobile Syrup, we now know that the HTC One V—HTC's smallest and cheapest of its “One” line—will not be confined to Telus customers, but will in fact also be available on Bell. With a supposed launch date of May 3, we can expect a price in the sub-C$300 range. While it's not confirmed, it is safe to assume that to be an off-contract price.

The way things are shaping up in Canada so far, we have the One X on Rogers—Only $169.99 on pre-order until April 30—which is exclusive for now, the One S on pretty much everything, and the One V only on Telus and now Bell. All three phones feature Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Sense 4.0. The X and S have awesome specs, but while the One V is no mind-melder, it's 3.7-inch screen and 1GHz processor will get the job done for those who care more about their pocketbooks than screaming speed. The camera on this one is not up to par with the rest of the One series. In my opinion, this is probably the biggest drawback that needs to be kept in mind. The 8MP sensors and a range of extras on The One V and One S set those phones apart as much as their processing abilities do. If you're not a photographer, or if you are perfectly happy with the performance of your current 5MP—or less—camera, you'll be fine with this one.

Anybody thinking about picking this One up? Up until the One V, it had been my opinion that the Motorola DROID X2 was the best bang-for-your-buck in North America. The X-2 formally tops the One V in every category, save for OS, but the One V's fantastically small price with Android 4.0 makes it a fierce competitor. What do you think is the best bang-for-your-buck in the North American smartphone market?

[MobileSyrup via Engadget]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Heck all I want is a 5.3" to 5.5" LT26i. That hard?