android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutiphone > Windows Phones

View Poll Results: Which WP7 Handset do you own ?
Samsung Focus 8 13.56%
Samsung Omnia 7 3 5.08%
HTC 7 Mozart 3 5.08%
HTC 7 HD7 1 1.69%
HTC 7 Trophy 3 5.08%
HTC 7 Surround 1 1.69%
HTC 7 Pro 0 0%
LG Optimus 7 0 0%
LG Quantum 3 5.08%
Dell Venue Pro 1 1.69%
Don't have one - Sold, and looking to get one this year. 14 23.73%
Don't have one - Not Sold on WP7 yet 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2011, 08:03 AM

Yes, I am pretty sure I can 'swap' phones if something is actually available within a month. But, I suspect that, now that I have already got to liking my new phone, it will be 20 months before they get another crack at me. I would have to really sour on what I got in order to go through a switch and I don;t see that happening.

I am a Zune user (for about 4 years) so the biggest draw for me of WP7 over other phones is the Zune HD replacement aspect. But, my HD should be fine for another 2 years (if they don't release a new Zune...and I am not holding my breath on that) so I am not too worried about that and probably won't bother to 'trade'.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2011, 04:45 AM

I got the Mozart cause its sexy and super tough. Ive dropped it from 3m in the air and its fine (not to mention all the other times its fallen out of my hand onto concrete). Quality phone, except that the capacitive buttons can be annoying.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 PM

I've had the HTC Trophy for almost a week now. It's my first smartphone, and I'm really loving it so far. The interface is fantastic, and the features are very well integrated.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm sold on WP7 now, and I really want a Nokia phone,...both are coming along nicely!!!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I'm sold on WP7 now, and I really want a Nokia phone,...both are coming along nicely!!!
I've been in love with Nokia's phones for years. Their E71 was a thing of beauty, and the rare (non-AT&T branded) black one was the sexiest phone ever made. RIM, eat your heart out. The problems with Nokia were clunky software, and outdated hardware. For example, the Nokia N8 released in 2010 has internal hardware on par with the Iphone...released in 2007 (better GPU in the N8 though). Software is still clunky.

Partnering with MS and using WP7 partly fixes these issues for Nokia. WP7 is anything but clunky. In fact, it may be the most user friendly smartphone OS out today. MS also sets consistent specs for the OS, albeit a bit dated. Hopefully they get caught up in this area.

Nokia likely will have the best phones running WP7. I'll leave my previous WP7 concerns out of this discussion as they aren't relevant. With that said, Nokia needs to tackle their current demons; CDMA handsets and selling their phones subsidized in the US. If they can do this, they will quickly vault to the top of the WP7 OEM list as well as help push WP7 as THE OS in Europe. As for the US, Nokia doesn't have the brand power that it does in Europe, so WP7 needs to push Nokia over here.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, as a very smart person recently mentioned "get a windows phone for what it can do now, not what it MIGHT do later",... I'm taking this to heart,...it's words of wisdom.

I now have a Dell Venue Pro on the way, so I'm now a WP7 family member. I hope the sq on it doesn't kill me, since the iPhone 4 I have is a horrible phone - but it's a great mp3 & video player.

Last edited by The DarkSide; 09-09-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Got a new WP7 phone!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 PM

just got the HTC Trophy a couple of weeks ago and I love it. While it isn't as powerful and lacks a couple features as some of the newer Windows phones, it is still great. It is the only Verizon Windows phone so I didn't have much choice if I wanted to stay with Verizon. All I knew was that I wanted one. If you own or enjoy a Zune HD and the Zune software, you will definitely like and feel comfortable with a Windows phone.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I want the Lumia 900,...even with the ANEMIC 16gb of internal storage.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 AM

It's not very impressive when compared to the android offerings in what will presumably be the high end bracket.

900 vs androids
Pretty thick (11.2 mm) for a 4.3 inch screen and the large bezel around the screen increase the overall footprint
Screen res of 480 x 800 screen is no longer high end
Single core processor
Elephant crap OS*
512MB RAM could be better
720p video could be better
Internal storage could be better
1830 mAH is good
LTE (could be a plus or a minus)
Overpriced**
It is not out yet so the competition has time to improve

*IMHO WP7 still needs work
** My expectation from comparing the lumia 800 to other devices

Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If I can get the Lumia 900 for $49 or so on AT&T it's not a bad price. I also like the OS, and it doesn't need a dual/quad core processor to be run correctly.

Besides, Android isn't all it's cracked up to be. I NEVER had an issue with iOS, but I had/have plenty when I've used Android devices - and I've owned a few. Now if I didn't need a 4 inch screen or better I'd still have my iPhone. I prefer iOS and WP7 to Android any day.

This is my preference,...YMMV.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Of course, and you are entitled to your preference, I was just throwing out some of my thoughts on the subject. I still say you get better specs for your money with android, but that doesn't interest you the Nokias are a solid WP device. Oh yeah I'm looking at unlocked prices, not contracts.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem,...I'll probably wait for the 40 something megapixel camera anyways,...along with more space for my tunes (I personally HATE the f*****g cloud!!!).

Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nokia Lumia 900 on the WAY!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Nokia Lumia 900 on the WAY!!!
Isn't the Lumia the only good windows phone because most the others are just old Android phones that manufacturers slapped windows 7 mobile on?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan View Post
Isn't the Lumia the only good windows phone because most the others are just old Android phones that manufacturers slapped windows 7 mobile on?
No, they just have the equivalent of older Android phones' hardware because of Microsoft's strict, slowly changing (and, as a consequence, progressively dated) hardware restrictions for Windows Phone 7 compliance. That's the bi-product of maintaining a consistent user experience across disparate manufacturers and devices.

TDS, I hope you enjoy the new phone/OS!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 PM

Grabbed a Samsung Focus to use on prepaid for now. I've really been wanting to try something different since my experience has been mixed with Android (although for the most part positive). And even though the hardware is mostly outdated, it is nice that it has a usable microSD car (planning on getting a 32 GB card).