android
Old 01-08-2012, 12:46 AM

Default Broken language in P3?? (Japanese)

For some reason, the details of the song won't show in Japanese, instead shows broken language.

I just bought this EU version of P3 16GB and updated to newest firmware. However, for some reason, the detail of the songs (i.e name of the artist, album) does not show in Japanese. Though, in the lists, you can see the title of the song in Japanese

I don't know if this is normal in P3 but into P2, it was able to show Japanese language without any broken format.

Does anyone know how to fix this? or is it normal to be like this?

Thank you, fast reply would be appreciated it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Have you tried updating the firmware to a version with Japanese language installed?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
Have you tried updating the firmware to a version with Japanese language installed?
How do you do that? I mean, after I got my P3 I updated to latest firmware from here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=54682

Is there another firmware that I need to update with Japanese language installed?

Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 AM

Bumping the thread... the issue is still not solved

Don't know if Lebellium is ignoring my PM but yeah...

Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 AM

actually i would like to know if there is a firmware for that, because i need that for songs too. (Even english songs are like this too.)
One Solution i have done
1. Re-do ALL of japanese songs tags
use MP3 tag program and do that, some will work, but sometimes some the songs wont even work even after trying multiple times.
*this is not the solution, this is a tip, because i am still currently trying to find a solution myself!*

Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbjumb View Post
actually i would like to know if there is a firmware for that, because i need that for songs too. (Even english songs are like this too.)
One Solution i have done
1. Re-do ALL of japanese songs tags
use MP3 tag program and do that, some will work, but sometimes some the songs wont even work even after trying multiple times.
*this is not the solution, this is a tip, because i am still currently trying to find a solution myself!*
Yes mp3tag, though the thing is I don't know to use it...

Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 AM

Simple, get the file name (japanese name) copy it and paste it on the title, artist, etc.... and then Save it.
Th problem is for me is that it reverts back to the "ejvnjsvnerj" language, read something else, or the music file will shorten the title, i dont know why.
It's either i dont know how to use the MP3tag, but i have been using it the same way for my English musics and it works just fine! it's only my japanese music....

Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbjumb View Post
Simple, get the file name (japanese name) copy it and paste it on the title, artist, etc.... and then Save it.
Th problem is for me is that it reverts back to the "ejvnjsvnerj" language, read something else, or the music file will shorten the title, i dont know why.
It's either i dont know how to use the MP3tag, but i have been using it the same way for my English musics and it works just fine! it's only my japanese music....
Lol I would have done that ages ago... though that will not solve the current problem...

All the methods that I've tried for mp3tag to tag in Japanese, are complete failure -_-;;

I don't know how Lebellium tagged it successfully in Japanese but...

Argh I think I should just give up...

Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 AM

hopefully, Lebellium can come in and help us....

Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 PM

Bumping

Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Samsung Moderator

Seriously I don't understand you guys... You're still on that topic while I already explained everything by PM and told you, you just need to read any mp3tag tutorial on the web to get it work.

I did not do anything particular, I just re-tagged your file like any random file!
I won't tell you how to tag a random file, there are many good mp3tag tutorials on the web.

Open the file with mp3tag, go to extras>options>tag>mpeg and select ID3v2.3 UTF-16 if that's not already the case.
Then put the Japanese Tags as jumbjumb said and save the modifications!

As your current tags are corrupted, you'll have to re-tag manually every single file or use the tag sources of mp3tag to automatically get the right tags (but not sure if the embedded websources know much about Japanese songs).
Your current tags are in ANSI format while they have to be in UTF-16, that's it.

I can't help you more than that!

Last edited by lebellium; 04-08-2012 at 08:29 AM.