android
Old 03-23-2012, 09:02 PM

Default New S9 Owner - Have Questions

I answered a craigslist ad for a 16GB S9 that was new for $55. It was too far to drive so I asked for the seller's phone # so I could find out the particulars about the player. The seller said she picked the S9 because of the superior sound quality but had trouble navigating the menus and didn't use it for more than a week and it sat for a year. She bought an extended warrantee that was transferable.

After a couple of days of negotiating I bought the player for $55 shipped. I got it today. It is as described - like new! There isn't a scratch on it. It came with the PC cable and a Cowon leather case. It also had 1/2 gig of 80's music as a bonus. I know this was risky online shopping but think I did well for $55.

Now I need to figure out how to put movies on the player. Anyone have a link I can use?

There were a couple of movies already on it. I tried watching them and half the screen was taken up by a menu. How do I get that off?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Bob

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Bob, did you turn it sideways? If you turn it sideways the menu should go away. It stays if you're watching it in horizontal mode. Also, there's plenty of information here about converting movies. You have to convert them yourself. It's not hard to do if you have movie files (avi) on your system. If not, you're SOL, because no one really sells movies that are formatted for the cowon s9 or any other cowon device. Yes, the sound is superior and video looks amazing. The only thing I don't like about Cowons is playlist functionality. It's crappy and the limit the amount of songs per playlist. So, if you can get playlists to show up on your s9 they'll only have a set number of songs. Beyond that, it's a great player but this one is probably my last cowon because of the playlist issues.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:27 PM

Yes, when I turn it sideways the menu goes away. I have some movies I converted for my Sandisk Fuze that went right on the S9. It looks great!

The problem I had this afternoon is the battery went dead. I just charged it up last night and hardly used it today. I think I need a new battery. Anyone know where I can get a battery?

Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 AM

Bob,

For the battery replacement you're going to have to contact Cowon directly. That's the only way I know of to get a new battery. It might be worth your while to send it in directly and let them replace it.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Redneck Moderator

Cowon is probably going to charge alot for the battery replacement. Find some pics of an opened S9 and look at the battery. Then hit ebay/google and see what turns up.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service