android
  #661  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Did you try reinstalling rockbox (new build)? It shouldn't be so slow.
I also regularly get an annoying noise when starting playing a file from the database.
I guess this is due to the RFS. After doing a benchmark (lebellium, I'm still waiting for a full battery discharge while using it XD), i will release a test firmware without it!
I notice that without that shitty module, rockbox is even smoother + lower cpu usage in general!
So what to say, perhaps sound glitches will be fixed with that, no clue now
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #662  
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Jon_B Jon_B is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
So what to say, perhaps sound glitches will be fixed with that, no clue now
Perhaps this is a clue: After changing themes (reluctantly) from Lebellium's "Samsung Like" the menu glitches disappeared completely. And the noise when advancing through playing tracks has also stopped. The only time I get the noise now is when I first turn on the RO and press "Resume play".
Reply With Quote

  #663  
Old 03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
Perhaps this is a clue: After changing themes (reluctantly) from Lebellium's "Samsung Like" the menu glitches disappeared completely. And the noise when advancing through playing tracks has also stopped. The only time I get the noise now is when I first turn on the RO and press "Resume play".
oO yeah interesting! Thanks for reporting. It *might* be related indeed to filesystem, would be nice to test the RFS free firmware I will post after the benchmark.
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #664  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Appick's Avatar
Appick Appick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Posts: 83
Default

Sounds like a similar problem to the one that I'm having. I've been having problems with the Theme rayboradio_ypr0, also.

On a happy note, I've just noticed that Flac files ripped from DVD now play on the R0 which is a really big plus . It's probably mentionned in the manual but as there isn't one dedicated to the R0 (yet!) I haven't printed it yet and I've only read little bits of it. When do we get a proper manual (I think nearly all the Samsungs are concerned)?
__________________
Appick
Reply With Quote

  #665  
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
lebellium's Avatar
lebellium lebellium is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
On a happy note, I've just noticed that Flac files ripped from DVD now play on the R0 which is a really big plus .
If you mean multichannel FLAC (5.1 for example), it's supported since December 2011 > http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges


Quote:
When do we get a proper manual (I think nearly all the Samsungs are concerned)?
Probably not before the port to be complete (FM radio included, final installation process with a specific Rockbox firmware and final keymaps).
That said, for the common features/settings you can read the manual for another player, they are pretty much the same on any rockboxed player.
__________________
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*
Reply With Quote

  #666  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
suffer1989's Avatar
suffer1989 suffer1989 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 52
Default

Hey two questions :

Is it much of a hassle to use an SD card with Rockbox ? As in, the music is stored on the SD Card ?

Also, would it accept micro sdxc (maybe in the future) ?
Reply With Quote

  #667  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
lebellium's Avatar
lebellium lebellium is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,614
Default

It's very easy and convenient to use a microSD card with Rockbox.
As it is integrated in the dabatase, it's totally transparent, songs from the internal memory and microSD merge into the same list.

You can still browse both memories separately though.

It probably supports microSDXC cards formated in FAT32 like several other devices.
__________________
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*
Reply With Quote

  #668  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 PM
suffer1989's Avatar
suffer1989 suffer1989 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
It's very easy and convenient to use a microSD card with Rockbox.
As it is integrated in the dabatase, it's totally transparent, songs from the internal memory and microSD merge into the same list.

You can still browse both memories separately though.

It probably supports microSDXC cards formated in FAT32 like several other devices.
Isnt the maximum volume size of FAT32 lower than the limit of SDXC cards ?

What I meant was, is the microSD card integrated into the yp-R0 with rockbox, as well as other players with better rockbox support ... eg : the sansa fuze ?

Does this variation of rockbox support the same plugins as the fuze version (EG; the osicilliscope, or the spectrum analyzer)?
Reply With Quote

  #669  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 PM
lebellium's Avatar
lebellium lebellium is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,614
Default

The maximum size of FAT32 is 2TB, SDXC cards can reach up to 2TB, so that's not an issue
Many microSDHC readers can read microSDXC cards if they are formated in FAT32 instead of ex-FAT.
But as far as I know nobody tried on the R0 yet.

Rockbox on the R0 works more or less like on the Fuze, you will hardly notice that is an app port.
The only major difference is that the port is not complete yet (that doesn't mean the support is worse, there is active support). FM radio is not yet implemented but should be soon and keymapping is not optimal for all plugins yet. Just a matter of time.

I don't have the R0 with me now but I don't see any reason why those plugins would be missing.
__________________
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*

Last edited by lebellium; 03-22-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #670  
Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
The maximum size of FAT32 is 2TB, SDXC cards can reach up to 2TB, so that's not an issue
Many microSDHC readers can read microSDXC cards if they are formated in FAT32 instead of ex-FAT.
But as far as I know nobody tried on the R0 yet.

Rockbox on the R0 works more or less like on the Fuze, you will hardly notice that is an app port.
The only major difference is that the port is not complete yet (that doesn't mean the support is worse, there is active support). FM radio is not yet implemented but should be soon and keymapping is not optimal for all plugins yet. Just a matter of time.

I don't have the R0 with me now but I don't see any reason why those plugins would be missing.
Storage things are managed by the linux kernel inside. It's not rockbox's duty. So indeed our kernel supports both FAT and FAT32 (no NTFS without an external module). SD(HC) are supported too. I cannot guarantee all the various models are finely supported, but it should be so and in any case the driver should be complete. The thing that is still to be fixed is that I'm not sure at the moment FAT16 will be correctly mounted since I'll do that in a script without too much control. Maybe this part should be fixed.
If anyone has suggestions, I used "-t vfat" as mount parameter. I don't know if that actually includes FAT16 or so...

Yes all plugins are supported. Just a small amount of them have little issues. The only completely non-working is Doom as far I know. But it could be debugged and fixed for sure
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #671  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM
suffer1989's Avatar
suffer1989 suffer1989 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Storage things are managed by the linux kernel inside. It's not rockbox's duty
.....

Yes all plugins are supported. Just a small amount of them have little issues. The only completely non-working is Doom as far I know. But it could be debugged and fixed for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
The maximum size of FAT32 is 2TB, SDXC cards can reach up to 2TB, so that's not an issue
Many microSDHC readers can read microSDXC cards if they are formated in FAT32 instead of ex-FAT.
But as far as I know nobody tried on the R0 yet.

....

I don't have the R0 with me now but I don't see any reason why those plugins would be missing.
Thanks for your answers guys, I bought the fuze before it had official support, and was kinda hoping that it would be popular with rockbox. Thankfully, it was. Best mp3 player ive ever owned, and it still beats modern smartphones in terms of options and tweaks, for listening to music. Its becoming just a but old now, so Im hoping to jump onto the YP-R0 before it gets too hard to find.

I have serious respect for you guys, im in no ways computer illiterate (well .. maybe just a bit), but the fact that you guys do all this hacking and debugging, and loading different operating systems and kernels to an MP3 player .... it just boggles my mind. I consider booting linux desktops and managing my computers bootloader to be 1337 and stuff, but you guys kinda take the cake.So yeah. Serious respect.

Last edited by suffer1989; 03-23-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling mistakes
Reply With Quote

  #672  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 AM
centa centa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Default

The yp-r0 supports microsd up to 16gb. it is possible to use 32gb micro sd with rockbox? will be possible in the future?
Reply With Quote

  #673  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centa View Post
The yp-r0 supports microsd up to 16gb. it is possible to use 32gb micro sd with rockbox? will be possible in the future?
Are you 100% sure? uhm I'm not, since the kernel driver should support also the 32 GB...But I cannot guarantee anything!
As already said, Rockbox has no direct access on SD card, it solely relies on the kernel's driver.
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #674  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:31 AM
lebellium's Avatar
lebellium lebellium is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centa View Post
The yp-r0 supports microsd up to 16gb.
That's not true!
The R0 has a microSDHC slot and thus supports up to 32GB microSDHC cards. A gmp3 member tried it on his R0 (he now has a 40GB R0).
There is a limit of 5000 files and folders with the OF and no limit with Rockbox.
The product page or user manual say up to 16GB because when it was released (2009), 32GB microSD cards did not exist!
__________________
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*

Last edited by lebellium; 03-24-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #675  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Appick's Avatar
Appick Appick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
That's not true!
The R0 has a microSDHC slot and thus supports up to 32GB microSDHC cards. A gmp3 member tried it on his R0 (he now has a 40GB R0).
There is a limit of 5000 files and folders with the OF and no limit with Rockbox.
The product page or user manual say up to 16GB because when it was released (2009), 32GB microSD cards did not exist!
Hey, that'll be meeeeeeeeeeeeee! And it's brill'!
__________________
Appick
Reply With Quote

  #676  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM
xapienz xapienz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
That's not true!
The R0 has a microSDHC slot and thus supports up to 32GB microSDHC cards. A gmp3 member tried it on his R0 (he now has a 40GB R0).
There is a limit of 5000 files and folders with the OF and no limit with Rockbox.
The product page or user manual say up to 16GB because when it was released (2009), 32GB microSD cards did not exist!

I have R0 with 32GB microSDHC, everything works fine
Reply With Quote

  #677  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Lorenz092 Lorenz092 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xapienz View Post
I have R0 with 32GB microSDHC, everything works fine
Just to be more precise, are you using RockBox? Thanks
__________________
Check out my modded firmware both for YP-R0 and YP-R1!!!
** DONATE ** -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K658CHJKX2X8C
NOTE: if you want to donate for Rockbox itself and not my work, go to their website!!
Reply With Quote

  #678  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
If you mean multichannel FLAC (5.1 for example), it's supported since December 2011 > http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MajorChanges



Probably not before the port to be complete (FM radio included, final installation process with a specific Rockbox firmware and final keymaps).
That said, for the common features/settings you can read the manual for another player, they are pretty much the same on any rockboxed player.
Might not be a bad idea to start on at least the installation instructions section of the manual since it will be quite different then most other devices.
__________________
Interested in Google's Summer of Code ? PM me.
Reply With Quote

  #679  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Mr.Frost Mr.Frost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 16
Default

@Lorenz092
Is the port still alive? There have been no news from for quite a long time.
Reply With Quote

  #680  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
lebellium's Avatar
lebellium lebellium is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,614
Default

No news for 1 month so the port is obviously dead
Guys, you're funny sometimes
__________________
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.