android
Old 11-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just got mine and here are my 2 minute impressions...

stock tips arent bad. pretty flexible and thats what I like. came with 3 sets of standard, 3 of conical, and a dual flange. I am still experimenting but the conical makes for a nice fit so far.

ran through some black keys, adele and mac miller (hip hop) and liked what I heard. responded pretty well to the eq tweaking in poweramp too.

very happy with the purchase.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM

I got mine yesterday, I think they already got over 20h played in them, over 10h in my ears (the rest I just left them to burn in if needed). I didn't noticed any change in sound from start till now. Here is my impression so far:

- the silicon tips are bad. They are too soft and the shape of them is just not right. Compared to Sennheisers and Sony, you can clearly see that E10's tips got much less surface to have contact with your ear. Sound gets better if I apply some pressure on them (not too much cause bass gets too heavy otherwise) so I suspect it's problem in the fitting. So far using the dual type tips are the best, and the only one worth it.

- for the size of them, they are very light, the body is a bit wider, but not very long. With my silly ears, the left one fit like a glove, the right one's body itch my outer ear after a while. Will see how it goes later on, I think new tips might help me, cause the right one gets out of ear quite easily during walking, so it's probably the reason why it gives trouble.

- Badly miss L shaped jack and over-the-neck cable style, but that's just me (or is it?). Clip is a nice addition though, because we all know the unpleasant feeling when the cable get's pulled. They are very sensitive on cable noise, I guess over the ear might help if you willing to carry them like that. The clip doesn't help much reducing the noise. I think they let more sound to outside then my previous headphones.

The problems are all in ergonomic nature and some production decisions, but mostly it all depends on your preferences. Now the good things are most important ones.

- very clear and very neutral sound, while the bass can be described as punchy and very fast. They might fit more for the people listening "ritcher" sounding things then jazz and acustics. It's not that they are bad at performing other types, quite the opposite, their natural and clear sound is something that's very important with jazz and acustics and they perform quite well in that area. It's just that bass is more showed off in rock&roll and Hip Hop (although I got quite suprised listening to JJ Cale, so might change my opinion later on). But hey! They can provide both, so people with wide range of styles like me will be happy with it, it's just that with them you will rather hear Dire Straits one more time then skip on Townes Van Zandt.

Now please if someone could tell me where can I order some quality tips? I live in Croatia, Europe. I don't like using the defaults, and sennheiser's could use some better isolation for this kind of earphones, cause CX300 goes much more inside the ear, so they don't need longer tips. The double tips are quite excellent, but if there is some other good ones, I would prefer getting them cause I don't like feel when they go that deep in the ear canal.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyec View Post
Now please if someone could tell me where can I order some quality tips? I live in Croatia, Europe. I don't like using the defaults, and sennheiser's could use some better isolation for this kind of earphones, cause CX300 goes much more inside the ear, so they don't need longer tips. The double tips are quite excellent, but if there is some other good ones, I would prefer getting them cause I don't like feel when they go that deep in the ear canal.
It's very difficult getting decent silicone tips in Europe. You can easily get fake Sony Hybrids off eBay, but to my ears they don't sound and fit overly good with the E10.

These Super.Fi silicones are my favorite tips for these kinds of 5mm diameter nozzle IEMs: http://www.handheldaudio.co.uk/pages...=Ultimate+Ears

Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

dfkt...I have been meaning to pick up some of those just to try them. Are these the same tips?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/ue-...es/accessories

I am looking for a US source.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Yeah, the dark ones are the same (also available in light grey). The transparent ones are different, and not quite as good fitting, IMO.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

cool, thanks.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:43 AM

After some more testing, the right one really likes to pop out of it's position. I will really need to get tips that will stay in position. I could say that it's the case because of bigger diameter of it's body, that just doesn't fit me, but strangely the left one does fit better, where I'm using medium size tip on it while my right one is on biggest, therefor the ear size is bigger and the problem is with tips that just don't fill the ear hole and keep the position (also one of the reasons why they start irritating since they come out of position).

It's a bit odd that I can order 10 tips or one size, looks like I'll have to go with universal fit-kit for my ears, so I can keep using medium-large combinations. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM

hello..
comparing the e10 to meelec m11+ ,which would u suggest ?
thnks