android
Old 02-24-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Frost View Post
@Lorenz092
Pls post a build if you can. If I add the lines:

rmmod si470x.ko
insmod /mnt/media0/si4709.ko

to the rockbox.sh will the module for the radio work?
Yes, having my module in the root folder of R0
Okay I'll post it! The zip is the usual zip with rockbox binaries etc
The si4709.ko is my module to be put into the root folder of R0 (unzip it, no need to say :P).

Quote:
rmmod si470x.ko
insmod /mnt/media0/si4709.ko
Copy these lines to the rockbox.sh script of the R0's root (not build rockbox.sh since this is not loaded by the firware you're using). So rockbox_loader.sh. Put them before ./rockbox (or ./mnt/media0/.rockbox/rockbox), where you want, but before launching the application

NOTE: provided AS IS, not official build at all. It should work, but may contain some garbage (e.g. some RDS attempt, but not working, plus some edited keymappings)

Enjoy!

MrFrost: now you can test your theme, hope to test it soon by myself too hihi
Attached Files
File Type: zip rockbox.zip (3.88 MB, 57 views)
File Type: zip si4709.ko.zip (53.4 KB, 36 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 AM

FM radio working OK so far. Great job lorenzo, grazie mille!! & thanks to MrFrost, too. Scanning is superfast. How many stations can you put in presets list? Up to 64 stations.

As stated, RDS not working, but i guess it causes no problems either. Renaming stations is fine.

BTW: what is the purpose of the green button on the screen (Lebellium's theme)? Also, I guess the menu button has no function yet, and single press play also is not used.

Additionally, I have noticed that unplugging the USB cable just switches off safe mode, no need to use reset button. Great!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alito View Post
BTW: what is the purpose of the green button on the screen (Lebellium's theme)?
There is a mono/stereo icon as well as a tuned (green) / no tuned (red) icon

Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 AM

Glad it worked

Now kugel has reviewed the patch, so in a while it will be available as a official build. After deciding how/where to put the kernel module, I will release the official loader firmware too!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM

Thank you all for porting Rockbox to the R0. It offers much more than Samsungs firmware and is much faster at the same time. Lorenzos radio-patch works for me, too, and so atm I am really happy.
Again: thank you

Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Default bug

Is this the place for bug reports? I have one.

Rockbox crashed and didn't want to boot again, at least not past the startup screen. After deleting the config-file in /.rockbox/, it worked. But this might also be an issue of the Theme rayboradio_ypr0.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Samsung Moderator

Lorenzo compiled today a new build including the FM radio and allowing you also to try the themes using the latest skin engine improvements such as my theme, Wavy and Medieval.

https://rapidshare.com/files/8364576...d_3448f5bM.zip

Just extract the archive and put everything (.rockbox folder, rockbox_loader.sh and si4709.ko files) at the root of your R0.

Enjoy

Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 AM

I decided to have a go at loading Rockbox so I started by installing Firmware 2.30.

Unfortunately that's as far as I've been able to get.

The RO will now not mount on my Mac. It just shows the recharging symbol on the RO and never appears on the Mac desktop. So I can't load new files or do anything else.

I tried "Safe Mode" but got the message "This disk is unreadable by this computer" and the options to "Eject" or "Erase".

I used the DRK to "Delete Settings" but that didn't help.

I'm willing to abandon Rockbox but I need to be able to mount my RO so what do I do now?

Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 AM

My fault!

Ignore the above, I forgot that reloading the Firmware reverts the RO to MTC and not MSC which my Mac needs.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
My fault!

Ignore the above, I forgot that reloading the Firmware reverts the RO to MTC and not MSC which my Mac needs.
Yeah! Indeed, the same shit as always. Grr why don't making msc by default...bah!
Anyway, strange that on the mac the safe mode doesn't work! This is interesting, could you please retest it again?

Thank you

Old 03-11-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Anyway, strange that on the mac the safe mode doesn't work! This is interesting, could you please retest it again?
The Safe Mode display on the RO comes up OK but it still doesn't work on the Mac.

Rockbox is fine though and playing as I type this. Thanks to all for all your work.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:28 PM

I've just loaded Lebellium's "Samsung like" theme and some fonts onto my RO and the result is really excellent. Thanks again to all involved who took the time (and have the skill) to make all this available.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Samsung Moderator

You're welcome

PS: please edit your posts instead of double posting

Old 03-11-2012, 03:13 PM

I'm tried rockbox ,all is ok then i put autostart_RB on the root ,the r0 work fine...
But when i connect on my pc the drive R0 isn't reconized ,so i can't remove the autostart to boot on the official firmware to change on MSC mode !
Please help me!

Sorry for my english (i'm french)

Old 03-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmag View Post
I'm tried rockbox ,all is ok then i put autostart_RB on the root ,the r0 work fine...
But when i connect on my pc the drive R0 isn't reconized ,so i can't remove the autostart to boot on the official firmware to change on MSC mode !
Please help me!

Sorry for my english (i'm french)
Just a little immagination: keep the center key pressed to behave the other way round
i.e. to start OF!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Just a little immagination: keep the center key pressed to behave the other way round
i.e. to start OF!
I'm sorry, thank you for your quick response.
it was really a newbie question

your soft is great !

Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 PM

Hello, I've a question: Where is the "CPU Downclocking tool" in rockbox?.
Thank you.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 AM

I'm getting a couple of small glitches with Rockbox.

The first is that it sometimes gets stuck for a few seconds when scrolling through file lists. I just have to wait and it always starts moving again eventually. The file lists aren't that long and probably no more than two screen's depth.

The second seems to be related as it gets stuck when I move from track to track while it's playing. The counter showing the elapsed time will stop and nothing happens for a few seconds and then the file will start playing with a loud "crack" as it does so. It happens about one time out of every three.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronideco View Post
Hello, I've a question: Where is the "CPU Downclocking tool" in rockbox?.
Thank you.
In Rockbox there is no specific setting for downclocking tool. By default we use dynamic CPU clocking (200MHz when possible, 532MHz otherwise). You can see that in the CPU debug menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
I'm getting a couple of small glitches with Rockbox.

The first is that it sometimes gets stuck for a few seconds when scrolling through file lists. I just have to wait and it always starts moving again eventually. The file lists aren't that long and probably no more than two screen's depth.

The second seems to be related as it gets stuck when I move from track to track while it's playing. The counter showing the elapsed time will stop and nothing happens for a few seconds and then the file will start playing with a loud "crack" as it does so. It happens about one time out of every three.
Did you try reinstalling rockbox (new build)? It shouldn't be so slow.
I also regularly get an annoying noise when starting playing a file from the database.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Did you try reinstalling rockbox (new build)? It shouldn't be so slow.
I loaded the version linked in the post above (647) to include Lorenzo's FM radio.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0