android
Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Default Creative Aurvana 3

I know many people are just turned off at the mention of anything new from Creative these days, but I think the new Aurvanas are very good. (Could be just a bias from me loving my Creative Aurvana 2s)

Anyway, I was browsing the Creative website recently and to my surprise found a Creative Aurvana 3. Double balanced armatures and a respectable $150 price tag are very intriguing.

http://us.store.creative.com/Aurvana...B004SNCZ3K.htm

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM

I wouldn't bet my money on Creative anymore, but! Hopefully (because I still am somewhat found of Creative) these will be a catch specially for the price if they perform as said. I would definitely like to see reviews of this one.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:48 AM

Already talked about it a bit at the neighbours:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/557424

Also a picture what it looks like when inserted is available.

It certainly looks good and I was happy with my EP-630 at the time. But without some proper reviews I'm not buying this out of the blue.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I won't buy another creative product as it's not worth the money - creative is crap nowadays.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Hello everyone I'm new the ABI but not to IEM's and I just had to comment on these. I got them as a B-day present from my sister as she knew I liked IEM's (or as she calls them earbuds) and I must say they are really good.

These are my first mid-centric sounding pair and they are very smooth and slightly warm yet still have good clarity and detail along with an above avg soundstage. The bass is very clean and with my E6 has good depth and texture, it sound a lot like the bass from the FXT90 imo. Now the mids are where they really shine and I absolutely love them, so smooth, lush and warm again still have detail. Vocals sound liquidy smooth as well as guitars, melodies and other mid-range sounds. High are laid back and never to bright but are still revealing and detailed. Another sound suit of the Aurvana 3 is its soundstage which is wide with good depth and height also has a very good 3D presentation.

I listen to some of my other IEM's like the TF10, W2, GR07 and EX600 an to me the Creatives sounded as good and even better than some (namely the GR07 which I don't know if I got a bad set but they don't impress me at all). They sell on Amazon for $104 and to me thats an absolute steal. I'm really starting to think about selling some of my other IEM's now and just keep these and my Yamaha EPH-100's so I can put money toward some customs. As you can see I'm quite impressed with the Aurvana 3 and think anyone that like the mid-centric or Shures house sound would also enjoy these and at more than half the price of the SE425 you can't go wrong imo.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Life View Post
I listen to some of my other IEM's like the TF10, W2, GR07 and EX600 an to me the Creatives sounded as good and even better than some (namely the GR07 which I don't know if I got a bad set but they don't impress me at all).
That's interesting. All those other IEMs you have are generally more highly regarded than the Creative. What's the sound signature of the Creative like? Maybe it's more of your preference. The Triple.Fi 10 is a tricky IEM. It all depends on fit with the TF10. If you can get a good fit and seal with the TF10, it will not sound good as it should.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 AM

The Aurvana is a mid-centric IEM and its my first one with that sound signature. As for my TF10's they fit me fine with a good seal and they still sound a bit better than the Creative but its a very good IEM imo. It has a nice relaxing sound but still has good detail with its duel BA's and the soundstage is quite good to. Pairing it with my FiiO E6 really makes them shine and are worth the $115 price tag they're going for on Amazon I mean where else can you find a good duel BA for that.

Since I like these so much I'm going to get either the Ortofon e-Q5 or e-Q7 next as they have a mid-centric sound with the e-Q7 being a bit more mid oriented than the e-Q5.