android
Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 AM

Exclamation WIFI not working on 5.0

Hey, So here's my problem. The Player 5.0 that I received last december IS connecting to the WIFI, the browser will run and load sites, however no connection seems to be going to any of the apps. I open an app and it says it could not connect or that there is not a connection. My WIFI signal says I full connection and like I said the browser has no problem. The only cause I can think would be that I disconnected it from my computer without doing the safty remove on my computer, I clicked the button my Player that says disconnect USB from computer so I assumed it would be fine. I do not think the issue is with my Router, my home computer is fine and again, so is the Player's web browser.

Any suggestions or knowledge of what could be the problem and how to fix it?

I've tried turning it off and on and same with just the WIFI

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Can you give us some more info on what apps can't connect? Is it just the google brand apps or do other apps have trouble too? Also, has your player been rooted?

Some quick advice I can offer is to make sure bluetooth is turned off and to try connecting the player to another wifi access point to see if it isn't just your home router that's having problems.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezhacker View Post
Can you give us some more info on what apps can't connect? Is it just the google brand apps or do other apps have trouble too? Also, has your player been rooted?

Some quick advice I can offer is to make sure bluetooth is turned off and to try connecting the player to another wifi access point to see if it isn't just your home router that's having problems.

It's all my apps that need an internet connection. Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, Dictionary, and games just name a few. It must not be my home router cause I have the same issue on my college campus. And no, it has not been rooted.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM

I found someone posting about a similar problem over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1120013
In that thread some people suggested that manually setting the Date, Time, and Time Zone would fix the problem.

If that doesn't work, check your network setting: Settings>Wireless and Network>WiFi settings Then tap the menu button, then tap "advanced".
Make sure that the "use static IP" option is not enabled.

If everything else looks ok but your apps still won't connect then you might need to do a factory reset on your player. Make sure to backup your files up if you do reset everything.

Sorry I don't have any better advice, never heard of this problem before. Best of luck to you.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I found someone posting about a similar problem over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1120013
In that thread some people suggested that manually setting the Date, Time, and Time Zone would fix the problem.

If that doesn't work, check your network setting: Settings>Wireless and Network>WiFi settings Then tap the menu button, then tap "advanced".

If everything else looks ok but your apps still won't connect then you might need to do a factory reset on your player. Make sure to backup your files up if you do reset everything.

Sorry I don't have any better advice, never heard of this problem before. Best of luck to you.
Thanks, the time date thing sounds like it might work because I have noticed the time will get off and the day changed for no reason and had to change it a few time. So I'll try that.

I thought about resting it, but I haven't been able to find out how to reset it....

Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Smile

Quote:

Hey! It worked. Somehow my the date on my Player got set to January. I changed it and it started to sync my email and stuff right away. Thanks for the help! I don't understand why what the date is set to would effect the internet on my apps though.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzd View Post
Thanks, the time date thing sounds like it might work because I have noticed the time will get off and the day changed for no reason and had to change it a few time. So I'll try that.

I thought about resting it, but I haven't been able to find out how to reset it....
For future reference, Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset

I'm not quite sure why it's under privacy haha

Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Awesome, glad it worked.

Tags
galaxy player, galaxy player 5.0, galaxy player wifi, wifi